The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Schenn + 5Th Overall To Oilers For Top Pick

All this talk about Schenn, I need to weigh in. Schenn is not real good right now but he's only 22 yrs old. He will develop into a solid Dman. I don't think he will be a star but a solid shut down Dman. For those old enough to remember Gerald Diduck, thats who Schenn can develop into.

Look at the Islanders Over the last decade plus. Witch shows you the draft rebuild dont always work.

Brain Burke might have made a booo boo too.

He kept on saying, he was offered the 1st pick for Luke Schenn and his 7th pick.

Of course in hindsight, he would take it, but I would have taken that offer in a heartbeat back in 2009.

Schenn might be a solid top 4, keep in mind, top 4, not a top 2, or the adam foote type of player he was suppose to be, and Kadri will probably turn out to be a 2nd centerman, but nothing can compare to that phenom in the making Tavares.

Anyways, for the sake of weakening the Oilers, i hope they are stupid enough to make this trade.

Brain Burke might have made a booo boo too.

He kept on saying, he was offered the 1st pick for Luke Schenn and his 7th pick.

Of course in hindsight, he would take it, but I would have taken that offer in a heartbeat back in 2009.

Schenn might be a solid top 4, keep in mind, top 4, not a top 2, or the adam foote type of player he was suppose to be, and Kadri will probably turn out to be a 2nd centerman, but nothing can compare to that phenom in the making Tavares.

Anyways, for the sake of weakening the Oilers, i hope they are stupid enough to make this trade.

You guys are all idiots ragging on Schenn.

He is only 22 years old, is 6'2", 230lbs, had MORE hits than ANYONE on Vancouver, blocks alot of shots, decent points playing on a crappy team at a young age. Plus, he hasn't had a major injury yet.

At 22 years old, cut him some slack. I would actually really like him in our system.

Trade the 1st to Toronto for Schenn and 5th, then re-package the 5th and ...Linus Omark? to move back up to second or third. Take Ryan Murray.

Core turns into Eberle, Hall, Nugent Hopkins up front, Murray, and Schenn on the back end.

Sounds alot better than just adding Yakupov to the forward group and building your D on...... Ryan Whitney ? :wacko:

The consensus seems pretty split on Schenn. My only negative response to him is when we played the Leafs he was slow and couldn't get the puck out of the zone. People were b!tching about Hodgson's foot speed, Schenn seems to belong to the Dana Murzyn slow category.

Then again before he walked away on free agency, people were saying Willie Mitchell was slow. Look who's probably going to have the last laugh.

The consensus seems pretty split on Schenn. My only negative response to him is when we played the Leafs he was slow and couldn't get the puck out of the zone. People were b!tching about Hodgson's foot speed, Schenn seems to belong to the Dana Murzyn slow category.

Then again before he walked away on free agency, people were saying Willie Mitchell was slow. Look who's probably going to have the last laugh.

Guest Dasein

You guys are all idiots ragging on Schenn.

He is only 22 years old, is 6'2", 230lbs, had MORE hits than ANYONE on Vancouver, blocks alot of shots, decent points playing on a crappy team at a young age. Plus, he hasn't had a major injury yet.

At 22 years old, cut him some slack. I would actually really like him in our system.

LOL!!!!!! your probably one of those guys who thought Marion HOssa was only worth a 2nd round pick on trade deadline on the year he is set to become a UFA. LOL!!!!!! Or thought, "I won't even offer a 1st round pick for Kovalchuk, hes going to be ufa" type of hockey fan. LOL do some research first on star players that was recently traded, you'll then see why I think the 5th pick is not enough for LUongo. Were not giving up a star goalie for a prospect. Hell sakes, I wouldn't use the 5th pick on Dumba, it's not even conclusive who Canucks want if we did get the 5th pick. One guy said Filip Forsberg, a few mentioned Galchunyuk, (pretty good choice actually but hella risky) I personally want Morgen Reiley.

If luongo is available, Leafs offer us the 5th pick, I'm not afraid to say this right now, that wont be the best offer present to Gillis. He will let it ride out, and make the teams fight for Luongo and see who in the end is willing give up the most for the prized goalie.

One good thing stemming from Garrison and possibly Schultz wanting to come here is that we can forget about the Leafs D leftovers and focus on getting forwards or pics for Luango. Schenn may have potential but he's still a guy that has failed to win a regular spot and most in Leaf Nation are more than ready to dump him.

Sequence of events is kind of favorable:

1. June 1 (correct?) - MG can begin sweet talking Schultz

2. June 22 - draft day moves, Luango's likely departure date.

3. July 1 - solidify roster, maybe pick up Garrison (will be there for us if offer is decent)

Are you for real man? This isn't NHL 12 we're playing here. No team in the League is going to give up a top 5 draft pick for an aging goalie with a ridiculous contract. There is no need even discussing it because it just is not going to happen.

Are you for real man? This isn't NHL 12 we're playing here. No team in the League is going to give up a top 5 draft pick for an aging goalie with a ridiculous contract. There is no need even discussing it because it just is not going to happen.

Archived