The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows Wins Canadian Player Of The Game In Finland

Hamhuis2

As they were about to announce, I kept saying "Burr Burr Burr". I jumped up when they said his name. So proud. He has been great in his time on the ice. Makes me wonder what he would have done in those games he missed. Looking forward to more! Glad everyone can see just how much he cares about the game and his country. He is fit to represent! ^_^

This makes me proud, mostly because Burrows is one of my favorite Canucks of all-time. I've always said that Henrik shouldn't have been our captain, and that is should have been Kesler, but this entire season and shown me that it really should be Burrows as our captain.

I sure miss watching BURROWS (Canucks) in the playoffs this year. His award today was well deserved. Nice to see him get a chance to shine, even without the twins. Dam I can't wait until next season! But with only one Canuck player on team Canada, I hope it's all Canada will need to bring home gold..."BALLS"

He's slowly gotten more shifts per period since his return and looks good. A team could always use a good grinder/energy guy, no matter how many stars are on the team.

And there is a reason why he is one of my untouchables!

And so, the barracuddas start circling as Burr draws closer to free agency. Many Canuck fans regularly down play his contribution to the Twins success and yet he has success wherever he plays. Who is he having a beer with between games? Stevie Y, Kevin Lowe or even worse Dave Nonis! If I was MG I would have someone there to protect Canuck interests!

Stevie Y was strongly considering him for 2010. You have to think that this is his tryout for Sochi and he's looking great so far.

I wouldn't be surprised if he slots a 4th line / pk role for 2014

“We’ve got a relatively long list of players that, once the season is over, we’ll sit down and discuss which guys out of that group we’ll bring to Vancouver (for the 2010 Games). And Alex’s play this season has certainly merited – he’s earned the right for us to watch him very closely. He’s obviously someone I’ve taken note of with his play. The offensive production has increased this year to add to his play as a strong defensive guy and he’s certainly someone I’m watching very closely. We’ll see and we’ll get a chance to watch Vancouver into the playoffs and see how they perform – but absolutely, he’s a guy that we have to keep an eye on.”

This tournament should really help Burrows' image outside of Vancouver. People can see just how much heart, and passion he plays with right now. He is a true star by every definition of the word and it makes me happy to see him succeeding, even though the Canucks are not my #1 team. This guy has fought through so much and I hope that fans of other teams can see what he's been able to overcome throughout his career.

Archived