Roberto Luongo

Chris Tanev,

Raymond (RFA rights)

1st Round Pick (2012)

To Vancouver:

Victor Hedman

1st Round Pick (2012)

*Perhaps TBL's 1st can become a 2nd?

*Update*: Something i just want to mention about this trade proposal and my other thread with the trade with Toronto

Consider how much of a difference it would of made for Toronto and Tampa Bay if they had a superstar 1A goalie this season. I strongly believe that they would of made playoffs if they did.

That is why I think these trades are possibly. They will receive a key piece in their success, also receiving an okay speed winger who can move up and down the line up, a young defenseman with experience and promise (they will also have other young players in Lee and Aulie), and will retain (or add if we give a 2nd rounder) a 1st round pick this year.

To Tampa Bay:

Roberto Luongo

Raymond (RFA rights)

2nd Round Pick (2012)

To Vancouver:

Victor Hedman

1st Round Pick (2012)

I think Tampa would settle for this because all they need to become a playoff competitor is a good goalie, plus Raymond is young, speedy, and can improve. And the second round pick is a good prospect addition.

To Tampa Bay:

Roberto Luongo

Raymond (RFA rights)

2nd Round Pick (2012)

To Vancouver:

Victor Hedman

1st Round Pick (2012)

I think Tampa would settle for this because all they need to become a playoff competitor is a good goalie, plus Raymond is young, speedy, and can improve. And the second round pick is a good prospect addition

- A 26 year old 6'3 215, 49 point defender

- A 26 year old speedy defensive forward and good penalty killer

- A 22 year old right handed defenseman (which they lack) who is calm in his own zone

That is pretty good value if you ask me.

I see why you are suggesting this deal and it is probably equal in value but with Ohlund injured and probably retiring, there is no way they will also trade Hedman for a second year bottom pairing defenseman in Tanev. The D-corps would be extremely weak in front of Luongo unless they made a couple key defensive signings in the off season (on top of paying Luongo's contract)

Archived