• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nd84

[Proposal] Canucks - Lightning

I have been seeing Hedman in a lot of proposals. I don't mind him seeing here at all as he is capable of logging huge amounts of ice time. But one thing I'm concerned about is that expectations will be really high for him. At the age of 21, can he handle all that pressure?

I have been seeing Hedman in a lot of proposals. I don't mind him seeing here at all as he is capable of logging huge amounts of ice time. But one thing I'm concerned about is that expectations will be really high for him. At the age of 21, can he handle all that pressure?

Luongo+1st for Lecavalier. Big center that performs in the playoffs.

Hedman won't be moved. TB's defense+goaltending already sucks. Hedman+Luongo is going to change all that.

Luongo+1st for Lecavalier. Big center that performs in the playoffs.

Hedman won't be moved. TB's defense+goaltending already sucks. Hedman+Luongo is going to change all that.

There is no way Hedman come to Vancouver unless Vancouver is willing to part with Polasek.

And im not sure Vancouver is ready to trade Polasek yet.

- A 26 year old 6'3 215, 49 point defender

- A 26 year old speedy defensive forward and good penalty killer

- A 22 year old right handed defenseman (which they lack) who is calm in his own zone

That is pretty good value if you ask me.

There is no way Hedman come to Vancouver unless Vancouver is willing to part with Polasek.

And im not sure Vancouver is ready to trade Polasek yet.

Polasek does have some upside and seems to be a promising physical defenseman.

Very interesting mention, just wondering what made you think only way we can have Hedman here if only he parts with us?

as sweet as it would be to get hedman for luongo, i cant see tampa moving what will be their cornerstone dman for luongo. but stranger things have happened.

Hedman is nowhere near the d-man that Edler is right now.

If we traded Edler straight up for Hedman, I'd be choked.

as sweet as it would be to get hedman for luongo, i cant see tampa moving what will be their cornerstone dman for luongo. but stranger things have happened.

Terrible trade for us. he contributes but he screws us over in terms of our salary cap.

We can get someone younger, with more potential and a lower cap hit. Think future.

If we do this what the heck are we gonna do with Lapierre, Higgins, Burrows and Edler next season. As of right now they should get a raise from their current contract. Burrows and Edler should score big time!

Lecavalier is 32 are aging. But if we are planning to get a Cup in the next 3 years I think we should grab him. The window is closing and its too early to rebuild.

I don't like 1 year rental players neither, but Lecavalier won't be a rental. He is signed for long term. Sometimes you just got to go for it.