The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks - Lightning

Something i just want to mention about this trade proposal and my other thread with the trade with Toronto

Consider how much of a difference it would of made for Toronto and Tampa Bay if they had a superstar 1A goalie this season. I strongly believe that they would of made playoffs if they did.

That is why I think these trades are possibly. They will receive a key piece in their success, also receiving an okay speed winger who can move up and down the line up, a young defenseman with experience and promise (they will also have other young players in Lee and Aulie), and will retain (or add if we give a 2nd rounder) a 1st round pick this year.

To TB: Luongo, Ballard, a d-man prospect (Parent? Other? I'd be reluctant to hand over Tanev).

To Van: Purcell, Aulie, TB 1st, Garon

TB gets a great goalie and lots more help on defense. The cap hit is high but their team has enough space to absorb it and still sign the players needed to fill their roster. With the chance that Ohlund could retire then they have taht much more space.

Vancouver gets a pretty good young winger, a big, physical d-man with a fair amount of upside and a top 10 pick. Garon is for salary dump for TB (only one year left). Vancouver also winds up with around $5 million in free cap space to sign the UFA of your choice.

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Teddy Purcell ($2.363m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.650m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Byron Bitz ($0.700m)

Andrew Ebbett ($0.550m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Chris Tanev ($0.900m) / Keith Aulie ($0.733m)

Sami Salo ($2.000m) / Marc-Andre Gragnani ($0.650m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($3.500m)

Mathieu Garon ($1.300m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,895,833; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,404,167

Suter added as he is the "dream" signing of so many folks around here.

Kassian would be in the minors to develop unless he shows he is ready for the NHL, in which case there could be an additional trade to make space.

regards,

G.

To TB: Luongo, Ballard, a d-man prospect (Parent? Other? I'd be reluctant to hand over Tanev).

TB gets a great goalie and lots more help on defense. The cap hit is high but their team has enough space to absorb it and still sign the players needed to fill their roster. With the chance that Ohlund could retire then they have taht much more space.

Vancouver gets a pretty good young winger, a big, physical d-man with a fair amount of upside and a top 10 pick. Garon is for salary dump for TB (only one year left). Vancouver also winds up with around $5 million in free cap space to sign the UFA of your choice.

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($3.500m)

Mathieu Garon ($1.300m)

------

Kassian would be in the minors to develop unless he shows he is ready for the NHL, in which case there could be an additional trade to make space.

regards,

G.

Pretty much agree, particularly about Suter. This was merely for examination of the question from various angles, and as noted, the Suter signing was pretty much just eye candy. The point was that there would be a lot of cap space. :)

If Hedman is removed from the list of possible players who could be traded to Vancouver, what do they have left? If all the guys with NTC's are also removed from the list, and the guys who we may assume Vancouver would not want to take are also removed from the list, there's: the two 1st rounders (the TB pick being the more valuable of the two), Purcell, Connolly and... ?

I'm assuming TB would like to keep Connolly. They already traded one young forward (Ashton) to get Aulie. This leaves Yzerman with Purcell and the picks. I'm not sure that a deal can be reached with just those assets on the other side of the table. Vancouver would want assets which could help now and for years to come. Adding any other prospects TB has on the farm are likely not going to cut it in a deal for Luongo.

This is why I suggest that Gillis might offer more to get more (Ballard, a d-man prospect, and perhaps a pick) which could free up Aulie.and the better TB 1st pick.

regards,

G.

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($3.500m)

Mathieu Garon ($1.300m)

------

regards,

G.

Yes. Perhaps Purcell can be acquired in a similar deal to mine. Maybe minus Tanev.

If this is done I hope we can sign or trade for a defenseman to play with Edler.

Another option is the trade proposed in a separate thread with Toronto

To Toronto:

Luongo

Tanev

Raymond (RFA Rights)

1st Round Pick

To Vancouver:

Luke Schenn

1st Round Pick (Dumba?)

Pretty Much Tanev and Raymond for Schenn (has been in dog house and struggled this season, Gardiner raised his value this season)

Luongo and 1st for Toronto's first

The main piece of this trade is Luongo though which is something Toronto needed this season so if anyone things this is uneven at all I think Toronto's mentality of needed a proven 1A goalie will make it even for them. (Along with Tampa Bay)

No way on Purcell. Might as well go after Parenteau another talented but SOFT forward who is UFA. It's Connolly or bust IMO on the TB goalie trade. TB would consider this as they have St.Louis,Purcell, Panik, Namestnikov and just signed JT Brown. They have great depth at RW.

Luongo and Ballard for Connelly and the #20 pick.

No way on Purcell. Might as well go after Parenteau another talented but SOFT forward who is UFA. It's Connolly or bust IMO on the TB goalie trade. TB would consider this as they have St.Louis,Purcell, Panik, Namestnikov and just signed JT Brown. They have great depth at RW.

Luongo and Ballard for Connelly and the #20 pick.

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($3.500m)

Mathieu Garon ($1.300m)

------

regards,

G.

Archived