The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time For Kesler To Rise & Succeed The Twins!

Canuck Surfer

FTR, nowhere in the original post was Kesler suggested as the captain. And I agree with concern over diving and flopping, also noted in the OP.

And responding to a variety of other responses aside from Baggins; Nor did any item suggest we should give up on the Twins. It suggested someone who could compete at a higher physical level, Kesler, had to step up. Then lines could be crated that would be much harder to physically shut down.

Really, if Kesler did step up, and the Twins regressed more than they did this year nothing would be accomplished.

It's surprising how dissapointed some fans are in Kess, but I guess this year was a let down. Hopefully the negative respondents are wrong. If Kess is finished then we need either an act of God (MG proved he was not that anymore) or a serious re-tool!

:sadno:

Swapping letters is meaningless. Everybody on the team know who the leaders are. And some of them don't sport a letter at all. The only difference between having a C than an A is off the ice. The guy with the C is the primary face of the team. He's typically the guy that reps players with management. On the ice....the only difference is in your head. It's not a "magical letter" after all.

Doing it on the cheap...........trading Booth, Edler, Schneids, Raymond and Tanev.

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Kane - Umberger - Burrows.

Higgins - Manny - Hansen

Lapierre - Phalsson - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Komisarek

Gragnani - Subban

Not just girls, remember the big gay community. I imagine alot of them are on here gushing over Kesler.

Kesler plays physical but it seems his body can't handle it, he has to find a less reckless way of being effective.

Sedins are still better than Kesler. Give it 2 or 3 years and Kesler will be our first line center, but right now he's still not producing anywhere near the same level as the Sedins are.

I can see the twins getting shutdown often, but once they blend into the background as they get older, they could become game-breakers if they're facing 3rd defensive pairings and less attention.

We really needed to keep Hodgson, and he should of stayed, because he will get his fair share of prime ice time with the twins dwindling in a few seasons time and him hitting his prime.

In 5 years time we should of seen this (if the player is traded by then, assume an equivalent, eg. Higgins)

Jensen - Hodgson - Schroeder

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Sedin - Sedin - Any big forward

plug - plug - plug

Once Kesler starts to decline, we really have no depth at center ice which is where we needed it most. However, in 3 years time from now expect to see this great lineup -

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Lapierre - Hansen

Volpatti - Malhotra (?) - Pinizotto

If Kesler can start growing up being mature and stop his diving, whining, etc. then yes, maybe some day he will get the chance to be the leader of this team - although they is never one leader. Hank wears the 'C' but that doesnt mean other players have to only look at him to make a difference. It's a team game and to win we must play like a team and work together. Forget about who wears the 'C' or A's and just focus on playing hockey every game for a full 60minutes.

Sedins are still better than Kesler. Give it 2 or 3 years and Kesler will be our first line center, but right now he's still not producing anywhere near the same level as the Sedins are.

I can see the twins getting shutdown often, but once they blend into the background as they get older, they could become game-breakers if they're facing 3rd defensive pairings and less attention.

We really needed to keep Hodgson, and he should of stayed, because he will get his fair share of prime ice time with the twins dwindling in a few seasons time and him hitting his prime.

In 5 years time we should of seen this (if the player is traded by then, assume an equivalent, eg. Higgins)

Jensen - Hodgson - Schroeder

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Sedin - Sedin - Any big forward

plug - plug - plug

Once Kesler starts to decline, we really have no depth at center ice which is where we needed it most. However, in 3 years time from now expect to see this great lineup -

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Lapierre - Hansen

Volpatti - Malhotra (?) - Pinizotto

If Kesler can start growing up being mature and stop his diving, whining, etc. then yes, maybe some day he will get the chance to be the leader of this team - although they is never one leader. Hank wears the 'C' but that doesnt mean other players have to only look at him to make a difference. It's a team game and to win we must play like a team and work together. Forget about who wears the 'C' or A's and just focus on playing hockey every game for a full 60minutes.

One playoffs. Just one bad playoff exit, and most of you want Kes or whoever outta here. I remember a time when they were choosing captaincy, majority of CDC or a large portion atleast, wanted Kes to be the next captain. Now fast forward to today and he's the new scapegoat.

You don't think that playing with a shoulder injury isn't gonna affect him? Sure most of u don't agree with his antics, I'm not saying I do either but Kes is just that type of guy. He'll do anything it takes to win. He has that "do what it takes" mentality to win. It was the frustration of not being able to perform, that led him to do the things he did. If he wasnt suffering from the shoulder issues in the playoffs, in my mind he wouldn't have had to dive and such.

He's a passionate player. A heart a soul kind of guy. If anyone were to succeed the Sedins, I'm sure it'd be him. He seems to be well liked by his teammates and who knows, if you ask the players in the room, it might just be Kes who gets the nod....

I wonder if Gillis knew Kes had a bum shoulder and still threw Cody,in effect,throwing the season.

If it had not been for Cory and Luo the Nucks would have had a sad record.

I also wonder why Kes was playing all those minutes when they had Cody there to take his spot.

I would say they mismanaged Kesler's injury but then we would have to get back to Cody again.

Gillis is going in circles with his management style.

Archived