The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Getting Into Boxing / Kick Boxing & Buying A Speed Bag

Stefan

This is mostly about buying a speed bag, as I've decided I want to do this to cut some body fat, and use it as my main source of cardio.

I saw a everlast 6 piece kit at Canadian tire on sale... Looking into buying it.

First off. How loud are these things? I know they're loud, but am I going to get the entire neighbourhood wanting to kill me?

Secondly, is it difficult to install / will it leave significant damage to a wall?

This is the product:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/SportsRec/4/FitnessWellness/Boxing/PRD~0840620P/Everlast+Speed+Bag+Kit.jsp?locale=en

It looks like it was released in the early 70's. Anyone with any knowledge of boxing / speed bags know if I should maybe go a little higher end? Will it be significant for someone who's just using it for cardio, and fun? Not to actually compete?

Thanks.

They're not that loud. They make noise, but unless you're doing it outside, it will not be a problem. I am guessing you are setting it up in your garage?

No. And, no. Its a wall mount. When screwing into your dry wall, you will always have marks, but they are easy enough to plaster over.

It looks ok. It should suffice.

MJoin a boxing or kickboxing club. I used to go to sugarrays and franco's. Helpful people in both places and your back will end up jacked after a year of hardcore training.

I'm currently in the Mendoza F.I.T. Program, would definitely recommend it to you too.

MJoin a boxing or kickboxing club. I used to go to sugarrays and franco's. Helpful people in both places and your back will end up jacked after a year of hardcore training.

I'm currently in the Mendoza F.I.T. Program, would definitely recommend it to you too.

Archived