The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Was The Canucks' Best Trade Ever.

nuckin_futz

Naslund for Stojanov was one heckuva trade.

But I think the one with the greatest impact long-range was Linden for Bertuzzi, Ruutu, and McCabe. Apart from how well Bertuzzi played for us, there is the fact that he brought us, arguably, the best goalie we've had so far in Luongo. McCabe became a significant part of the trade that brought us the Sedins. So, add it up, and basically it is:

Linden and a first round pick for Luongo, Henrik, Daniel, and Ruutu - so basically, Linden and a first, for two Hart winners, an All Star, gold medal winning goalie, and an aggravating SOB.

Gotta make that trade every time.

One not mentioned was acquiring Paul Reinhart for Steve Bozek. Reinhart was the best defenceman to ever play in Vancouver - even if only for two years (57 points each year in 64 and 67 game seasons). He had a bad back and was at the end of his career, but in his prime he was up there with Coffey and Bourque and could control the game the same way they could.

The trade for Ronning, Courtnall, Momesso, and Dirk has to be looked at with the Sundstrom trade acquiring Adams and McLean and the draft pick for Gerald Diduck in assembling the great team Quinn put together for the 94 run to the finals against NYR. We were closer to the cup in that run than the last one against Boston. That team was exciting, could play, and was unbelievably tough with Momesso, Dirk, Diduck, Antoski, Stojanov, Gino Odjick, and Pavel's elbow.

One not mentioned was acquiring Paul Reinhart for Steve Bozek. Reinhart was the best defenceman to ever play in Vancouver - even if only for two years (57 points each year in 64 and 67 game seasons). He had a bad back and was at the end of his career, but in his prime he was up there with Coffey and Bourque and could control the game the same way they could.

The amount of stupidity of people who don't choose the Naslund trade or try to belittle it is just blowing my mind lol. Do you peope not understand that we gave up a player who became a fireman after playing about 40 more games, for our longest reigning captain and in his heydays he was THE BEST player in the NHL throught the dead puck era.

This trade was straight RAPE. But hey look at my username I could be a little biased too :bigblush:

#1..Stojanov for Naslund

#2..Bertuzzi for Luongo

#3..Linden for Bertuzzi,McCabe

These were the best trades in my mind because they created the 'Naslund-Bertuzzi era'......and the current 'Luongo 'era....Other trades have been more lopsided,but these have had the most impact.

The amount of stupidity of people who don't choose the Naslund trade or try to belittle it is just blowing my mind lol. Do you peope not understand that we gave up a player who became a fireman after playing about 40 more games, for our longest reigning captain and in his heydays he was THE BEST player in the NHL throught the dead puck era.

This trade was straight RAPE. But hey look at my username I could be a little biased too :bigblush:

Archived