Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Vintage Canuck-

Agent: Semin Not Returning To Capitals

115 posts in this topic

Agent: Semin not returning to Capitals:

The agent for Alex Semin said Monday that the 28-year-old right wing has no interest in returning to the Capitals and will test the free agent market on July 1.

Mark Gandler told ESPN The Magazine that Semin "is not ready to be a role player" and that he does not fit into the defensive system the team has chosen to play.

Gandler and Semin were seen talking in Madison Square Garden during the Eastern Conference Semifinals.

Semin has played his entire NHL career in Washington, recording 408 points in 469 games over six seasons. He also recorded 34 points in 51 career playoff games for the Capitals.

Earlier on Monday Alex Ovechkin said he would like to see Semin return for a seventh season in Washington. Semin was the Capitals' second-highest-paid player on the team at $6.7 million.

"Of course," Ovechkin said. "I want to see everybody back next year, but I hope he’s going to stay here. I don’t want him to leave. It’s George’s [McPhee] decision, it’s Sasha decision, it’s Sasha’s agent decision."

http://www.csnwashin...96308619032-849

I'll admit I did not see that coming...

Hopefully he stays in the NHL. While some don't like his work ethic, more talent is never a bad thing for the league. If the league is to be the greatest in the world, it needs to keep its talents.

He was fourth on the team in +/-, only behind Ward, Alzner and Hamrlik. I don't think he's quite the defensive liability that every says he is. He is so incredibly talented and just needs the freedom to let loose. Similar to Ovechkin

He is not what we need but don't kid yourselves people when he wants to be he is one of the best players in the world...but always will be the worst fighter in the world

Talented player, but probably thinks he deserves an 8-9 million dollar contract.

Talented but lacks work ethic. Didn't he get called out by his own teammate a while ago too?

Loser can go to the khl if this is true. Dont wanna help the team and play d? Get outta here - nobody will want you and your not a superstar.

The guys good and all offensively, but needs better work ethic. If this is his attitude, he will be a bigger mistake than Redden.

Talented but lacks work ethic. Didn't he get called out by his own teammate a while ago too?

Loser can go to the khl if this is true. Dont wanna help the team and play d? Get outta here - nobody will want you and your not a superstar.

The guys good and all offensively, but needs better work ethic. If this is his attitude, he will be a bigger mistake than Redden.

I actually agree with this statement, I have always despised guys with poor work ethic and lackluster D, I actually think that he has a higher chance of going to the KHL than staying here, unless he gets a really good offer from someone because he will not even be near his previous contract of $6.7M per season.

Semin to KHL makes the most sense. He sucks defensivley, can't get it done in playoffs and will want a boatload of money...wait a minute, sounds like the Islanders will make a run for him!

He has, arguably, one the best shots in the NHL and a spectacular skill set. It would be a shame to lose that.

Terrific hands as well.