The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Agent: Semin Not Returning To Capitals

Agent: Semin not returning to Capitals:

The agent for Alex Semin said Monday that the 28-year-old right wing has no interest in returning to the Capitals and will test the free agent market on July 1.

Mark Gandler told ESPN The Magazine that Semin "is not ready to be a role player" and that he does not fit into the defensive system the team has chosen to play.

Gandler and Semin were seen talking in Madison Square Garden during the Eastern Conference Semifinals.

Semin has played his entire NHL career in Washington, recording 408 points in 469 games over six seasons. He also recorded 34 points in 51 career playoff games for the Capitals.

Earlier on Monday Alex Ovechkin said he would like to see Semin return for a seventh season in Washington. Semin was the Capitals' second-highest-paid player on the team at $6.7 million.

"Of course," Ovechkin said. "I want to see everybody back next year, but I hope he’s going to stay here. I don’t want him to leave. It’s George’s [McPhee] decision, it’s Sasha decision, it’s Sasha’s agent decision."

http://www.csnwashin...96308619032-849

Loser can go to the khl if this is true. Dont wanna help the team and play d? Get outta here - nobody will want you and your not a superstar.

The guys good and all offensively, but needs better work ethic. If this is his attitude, he will be a bigger mistake than Redden.

I actually agree with this statement, I have always despised guys with poor work ethic and lackluster D, I actually think that he has a higher chance of going to the KHL than staying here, unless he gets a really good offer from someone because he will not even be near his previous contract of $6.7M per season.

Archived