The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Agent: Semin Not Returning To Capitals

Plague?? Stop pretending like you know these players personally, and know the locker rooms of these teams. You read a couple of the stories that we've all read, and all of a sudden you're a big enough expert to call him a plague?? If he was a 'plague' McPhee wouldn't have signed him to a deal that paid him elite dollars.

Plague?? Stop pretending like you know these players personally, and know the locker rooms of these teams. You read a couple of the stories that we've all read, and all of a sudden you're a big enough expert to call him a plague?? If he was a 'plague' McPhee wouldn't have signed him to a deal that paid him elite dollars.

And Mike Gillis will have a much better idea of whether he's a 'plague' or not. Manny Malhotra is all about character and leadership. But if I'm creating a team to win a championship, I take Semin over Malhotra 100% of the time. His skill set is elite and rare. If he came at around 5 mill, I would take him in a heartbeat. Only reason I wouldn't give more is due to salary cap constraints. He's a hell of an improvement over Raymond and Booth for the top 6, I'll tell you that much.

Loser can go to the khl if this is true. Dont wanna help the team and play d? Get outta here - nobody will want you and your not a superstar.

The guys good and all offensively, but needs better work ethic. If this is his attitude, he will be a bigger mistake than Redden.

Actually i don't know about anyone else but i was pretty impressed overall with Semin in the playoffs. He looked dangerous, took hits to make plays , attacked on the forcheck and played in his own end as well. He showed me in the playoffs he "CAN" do it. People talk about his lack of production for the season have to look at who he played with this year. Backstrom was out hurt and had MARCUS JOHANSSON centering the top line? People act like Semin is garbage but for the right price he could be a big time addition to A Lot of teams. If you could get him for 5mil I think he'd be worth it. Nashville/Columbus/Tor could all be teams looking to add a scorer.

I could see our locker room doing him some good. We're an offensive oriented team that he could flourish in. The only x-factor would be his attitude and AV's reluctance to use him (doghouse).

How many times were we looking for a guy to break the game open with a timely snipe? Seriously, he would be an upgrade over Raymond any day. Now, if we can/want to afford him is the real question, along with the defense issues...

I could see our locker room doing him some good. We're an offensive oriented team that he could flourish in. The only x-factor would be his attitude and AV's reluctance to use him (doghouse).

How many times were we looking for a guy to break the game open with a timely snipe? Seriously, he would be an upgrade over Raymond any day. Now, if we can/want to afford him is the real question, along with the defense issues...

I think that Toronto will probably be throwing money towards Semin, and maybe if Columbus loses Rick Nash's contract, they will be able to lure Semin to play for them. In Columbus he would be the main offensive threat and allowed to be free which will do wonders for someone with a skillset like his.

On a side note, I wonder if there is any awkwardness between him and Ovi now at the World Championships because Semin just ditched Ovi's team...

Archived