The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Agent Still Resides In Mg

samurai

The Rangers did not have the cap to fit him in and as the Canucks were willing to pay him a king's ransom he eventually decided to put in half a year here for five schmil.

For ten million dollars a year you get two Luongo's or a Luongo and a Sedin.

Nine goals for five million.Acquilini's must have loved that.

The money was better spent elsewhere and it ain't your dough,either.

Gillis offered $20 million to Sundin whom was outscored 2:1 by Wellwood making an entry level,bare minimum NHL contract.

You keep bringing it up but I am willing to jam it if you continue.

Gillis made a splash at the start of free agency, throwing Mats Sundin a two-year, $20 million offer as the Big Swede was pursued aggressively by other teams including the New York Rangers and the Montreal Canadiens.

The money was better spent elsewhere and it ain't your dough,either.

Gillis offered $20 million to Sundin whom was outscored 2:1 by Wellwood making an entry level,bare minimum NHL contract.

You keep bringing it up but I am willing to jam it if you continue.

Gillis made a splash at the start of free agency, throwing Mats Sundin a two-year, $20 million offer as the Big Swede was pursued aggressively by other teams including the New York Rangers and the Montreal Canadiens.

TO,what are you doing?

I said Sundin wanted to go to NY.He held out until NYR would not sign him and then signed here.

You have argued the Gillis contract offer,the Rangers offer,.got them both wrong.You offer up his great value but was a bust.

Sundin was a waste of time - as are you.

TO,what are you doing?

I said Sundin wanted to go to NY.He held out until NYR would not sign him and then signed here.

You have argued the Gillis contract offer,the Rangers offer,.got them both wrong.You offer up his great value but was a bust.

Sundin was a waste of time - as are you.

No...Kesler and the twins said that.

http://www2.canada.c...45-8e60764ccc79

"We have a different attitude toward the game," Daniel said before the Canucks travelled Sunday to Montreal for tonight's game against the Canadiens. "Looking at Mats, he had a tough start. It didn't bother him. He just came to the rink and did the same things over and over again. He knew it was going to pay off. He still kept his head high and by the playoffs he was awesome.

"We've always put a lot of pressure on ourselves. You learn to deal with that. But Mats put us over the top to see how he handled things."

Henrik said: "To see Mats out there, struggling, getting criticized, but still keeping his shifts short - he never played for himself. I think that's been a key for us."

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nhl,181593

No idea. I haven't talked it him. We all want him back. Of course, I want him back -- he's my centerman. He definitely helped. He brought my game to the next level.

I'm waiting for something decent from you.

Already dismissed your NY cap space argument. If he really wanted to play in NY he could've quite easily.

And then you go on to say things and i'm not sure what you're talking about again. Something about the Rangers offer, which hasn't even been mentioned. Then the typical 'Sundin was a bust' statement. He might not have met expectations, but nobody even knew what the expectations were. Was he expected to lead this team to a cup? Pretty hard for him to not be a bust in that case. But if you expect a ppg player in the playoffs and a guy who obviously impacted the Sedins and Kesler quite positively, then he starts meeting some expectations. Again, it's irrelevant as it's only money. It cost us nothing in terms of players or picks to get him and that money not being spent elsewhere, again, is Aquilini's, not yours.

You're not bring much to the table. Just repeating the same ol' bs doesn't help anyone here. I suggest actually researching the material and then developing better communicative skills. Are we clear? Cheers.

TOML

So let's take the word of negative detractors instead of Gillis and the players themselves?

I don't think so. If the word of negative detractors had ever meant anything, Kesler would be a talentless, non-scoring grinder the Sedins would've been career 2nd liners who endlessly cycle the puck for no reason.

Can you not read? I pointed out the direct cap circumvention taking place by the Rangers having Wade Redden in the minors.

I suggest you say "cheers" too after every thought too. But then you'd have to have some thoughts. Cheers.

TOML

"This is just too easy."

Can you not read? I pointed out the direct cap circumvention taking place by the Rangers having Wade Redden in the minors.

I suggest you say "cheers" too after every thought too. But then you'd have to have some thoughts. Cheers.

TOML

"This is just too easy."

that's the twins and Kes having class. Of course they are going to say things like that. Do you really think he had that big an impact on their game? If he made every player on every team he ever played 20-30 points better the Leafs would have won several cups and set records for goals scored. Why couldn't he translate that skill to Toronto players if that's the case? That's typical MG fluff, as if the twins or Kes wouldn't be teh same players if it wasn't for those 40 games 3 years ago. C'mon, be serious.

If you send a player to another team, it doesn't count against the cap. If Redden was traded it's ok, but sent to the minors it's circumvention? That doesn't make any sense. Those are the rules, black and white really.

You forgot to answer if you do the "cheers" thing in real life.

I'll pass on it thanks, don't want to look like a total d-bag.

LOL, how about texting. Do you follow up every text with a "cheers"?

Other than Sundin, what other free agents were available at the time? What other ways could the team have improved that year? Enlighten us.

It was either play with unused cap space or play with Mats Sundin in the lineup.

Did Gillis anticipate Sundin's effect on the Sedins and Kesler? Who knows. But Gillis took a chance and it payed off.

The point was that NYR isn't bound by the cap due to the Redden demotion. I was pretty clear when I mentioned that in relation to them having the ability to sign Sundin at the time. They could've easily done so. Now moving on to your 'more pressing issues...'

What's wrong with saying cheers? Not a whole heckuva lot, when you think about it. Sigs. Avatars. Blah, blah, blah. These have long been part of internet forums. Come to think of it, it's pretty pathetic to focus on things like sigs, avatars etc. instead of the argument at hand. Imo it is worse than focusing on grammar. Regards.

TOML

"When you have nothing, deflect."

Sundin-before and after he monumentally screwed up he kept spinning it and to this day I hear " Sundin built Kesler and the Twins" .

Yeah,right.Twenty million dollars says Gillis had no idea what he was doing.

Archived