The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time To Get A Real Enforcer

shawn antoski

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lets face it, ever since we gave up Rypien and O'brian, other teams have been tossing the canucks around like rag dolls. No disrespect too players like Kesler,Burrows,Bieska and Lapierre, they are hard working players that play a physical game , but come on they are not Intimidating at all. The canucks have always had enforcers as far back as I can remember, but now in days I think Bieska might be are toughest player. I miss having guys like Rypien, Hordichuck , Brashear, Odjick, and Shawn Antoski.

I'm not saying lets give up all are skill for a goon but i wouldnt mind a fighter as a 4th liner or a 6th dman

edit: responding to the most popular post

Posted A minute ago

/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=10651470">snapback.pnggoalie13, on 15 May 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

So who are the enforces contributing in the Stanley Cup playoffs right now?

/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=10651547">snapback.pngSnake Doctor, on 15 May 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

EXACTLY

2012 playoffs so far 39 fights or major penalties

2011 playoffs 29 fights or majors through out the whole playoffs

2010 playoffs 23 fights or majors all together

team toughness, intimidation and enforcers are needed.

NYR didnt get John Scott for no reason

NJ has Boultan and Jannsen

PHO has Bissonettee

LA has Clifford and fraser

Vans enforcers this year were Ballard Volpaati Lappy and Weise.... that pretty sad when it come to intimidating tough guys :picard:

heres a little interesting fact about teams that made the playoffs and teams that didnt when it comes to overall team size

Biggest teams in NHL (average weight):

Washington (209.5)

LA (209.3)

Ottawa (208.1)

San Jose (207.5)

Phoenix (207.0)

Smallest teams in NHL

Buffalo (197.4)

Dallas (199.3)

New York Islanders-Pittsburgh Penguins (200.8)

Carolina (201.1)

Yes a real enforcer who can play D for 25+ minutes a game. Or a real enforcer who can score 30 goals. If the Canucks can sign either of those on a league minimum ELC, they'd be in good shape. :lol:

Seriously though.. enforcers can't do anything if the system they play within doesn't let them. So i don't see the point.

Maybe hire Tim hunter as an assistant. That might change things.

wow, not only has there been a million threads on this topic already ( its called a search button) but this team couldnt possibly be any further from needing goons on it.

your worse than the pathetic media trying to claim the team is being thrown around. try watching a game, this team is plenty physical enough!

Yes we should re-sign Bitz. Not just because he can fight (yes better than Kassian), but also because Hansen & Kassian are our only natural right wingers.

if the canucks wanted an enforcer they would have picked one up on waivers.....bitz type of players are the new age "enforcer"

wow, not only has there been a million threads on this topic already ( its called a search button) but this team couldnt possibly be any further from needing goons on it.

your worse than the pathetic media trying to claim the team is being thrown around. try watching a game, this team is plenty physical enough!

"O'brian" bahahaha that is funny in more ways then one. Nucks need bigger bodies that can bang and drop gloves when required. Travis Moen, Gaustad, Simmonds, Brouwer, Chimera types of players are what nucks should be after.

Luongo for JVR and Simmonds...drool.

Archived