The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Was The Point Of Getting Pahlsson?

hockey21383

So I was just thinking to myself, Why did we get Sami Pahlsson??? We supposedly got him to be a third line checker to check the other teams top line, but that first round against LA we ended up matching our top 2 lines against there's and we clearly lost that battle. I thought the whole point of getting Pahlsson was to do what he did when the Ducks won the cup, which was to check the other teams top line and get them off their game, and the 3rd line didnt play at all against LA's 1st and 2nd lines. Wouldnt it have been better if we just kept 3 scoring lines???? just a little clueless.

Gillis wanted a shut down third line which is kind of odd considering our problem during the kings and boston series was that we couldn't score goals. It doesn't make sense to go from 3 scoring lines to 2 scoring lines when scoring is lacking.

No one, other than us, has been able to beat LA this playoffs and it doesn't look like anyone will. I don't think Cody on the Third Line would have put the Canucks in the Western Conference Finals, The Kings are just playing the best hockey of anyone. I hope we can figure a way to keep Pahlsson I really like him, he played really well for us...Alas If only the Kings could have won one more game in the regular season and be the 3 seed, then we could have played the sharks and gotten our playoff legs under us before we played the Kings

They also weren't convinced Hodgson could handle the defensive demands of being a third-line centre and decided to trade for Sammy Pahlsson.

Pahlsson, who will become an unrestricted free agent this summer, was acquired from the Columbus Blue Jackets at the trade deadline for a pair of fourth-round draft picks. The Canucks have said they don't view Pahlsson as a rental player and hope to re-sign the 34-year-old Swede, who had six points in 19 regular-sea-son games with Vancouver and scored one goal in five playoff games.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/trades+cost+team+chance/6508173/story.html

So I was just thinking to myself, Why did we get Sami Pahlsson??? We supposedly got him to be a third line checker to check the other teams top line, but that first round against LA we ended up matching our top 2 lines against there's and we clearly lost that battle. I thought the whole point of getting Pahlsson was to do what he did when the Ducks won the cup, which was to check the other teams top line and get them off their game, and the 3rd line didnt play at all against LA's 1st and 2nd lines. Wouldnt it have been better if we just kept 3 scoring lines???? just a little clueless.

Archived