The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Was The Point Of Getting Pahlsson?

hockey21383

If we're re-signing Pahlsson, we might as well trade Schroeder now while we can still get something of value for him.

He's gonna be 22 next season, it's time to give him a shot or trade him for someone who will help us now.

it made a lot of sense really - veteran guy, has a ring and gold medal, got him for nothing, mates with the Sedins. We was brought in to make a good shut down line and remember there were stages where him and hansen and higgins were the best line on the team.

One guy doesn't make a team including a goalie

Yea but the thing is, a prospect that is young and still has potential is worth more than a 22-23 year old who hasn't been able to make the NHL.

It's a fine line between trading a player while they still have value based on their age and potential, and trading a player that continues to put up average numbers in the minors and is never able to make the NHL.

I agree with you his value would be way more if he played in the NHL. My point is, his value will continue to drop the longer he stays in the minors and isn't able to showcase himself.

I take it you never watched the games then...............once more our defence hung Lu out to dry and in my opinion we will continue to do that until we get a big D in front of the net who is not inclined to get distracted and wander out of position puck watching.

Archived