The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Was The Point Of Getting Pahlsson?

hockey21383

He didn't give us depth.  We traded away Hodgson.  The trades are almost directly related to each other.  Pahlsson replaced Hodgson, and Kassian was supposed to provide that physical depth.

AV is simply a choke artist himself in the SCP. He was outcoached 2 years in a row by Quenville, almost a third last year. This year Sutter outcoached him. This guy doesn't know who to play at what time. He messes with the lines pretty much everyday. Pahlsson was required to shutdown Kopitar's line, why was he not assigned that role? I would say the Sedins vs. Richards' line would work pretty well for us, instead of Kesler diving everywhere. That way The Kes line would play against thr Stoll line. We win those matchups any day, anytime of the week.

Sorry AV, you just can't cut it. If not for the teams absolute beast play last year, there wouldn't have been a SCF.

You know, in retrospect.... anything would have been a better idea depth wise, don't you think?

We simply don't know what would've happened had we not dealt Hodgson. There's no point in speculating, so I won't. Still, I'm surprised that you think we could've been worse.

Thanks. I know the reasoning. I just think it was worth the risk to try to call up Reinprecht if the issue was non-confidence in Hodgson's playoff performance.

The worst case scenario would have been if Reinprecht got picked up, Hodgson could have been sent down to help the Wolves and the Pahlsson trade could still have been made.

So I was just thinking to myself, Why did we get Sami Pahlsson??? We supposedly got him to be a third line checker to check the other teams top line, but that first round against LA we ended up matching our top 2 lines against there's and we clearly lost that battle. I thought the whole point of getting Pahlsson was to do what he did when the Ducks won the cup, which was to check the other teams top line and get them off their game, and the 3rd line didnt play at all against LA's 1st and 2nd lines. Wouldnt it have been better if we just kept 3 scoring lines???? just a little clueless.

Not to mention were also the only team to have won a single game against them...

Not saying that going out this early was entirely because of the quality of hockey LA was playing, we absolutely deserve most of the credit for that, but LA is clearly on a tear through the NHL playoffs. Perhaps things would have turned out differently had we faced a weaker team but I do not believe that the problems that eventually contributed to our early demise were manifested in the LA series.

With the noticeable lack of chemistry on the PP, and lower than average (to say the least) offensive production in all other facets of our game going into the final 20-or-so games of the regular season; one could make the conclusion that even had we faced a different first round opponent, and faced LA in either the WCF series or WCSF series, we may have had similar offensive struggles. And in the event that we did find a way to kick start the offensive locomotive that we are used to seeing and made it to LA they still may have walked through us just as easily.

Just a thought

why is this question still being ask? cody wanted out, we needed a better checking line, manny was not himself, we get pahlsson. it's a simple equation that does not require statistic analysis. you are just complaining because we lost and looking for something to blame, i think you should blame yourself for still jerking around about the team. support the team. i bet you are one of those luongo haters. support your team, and the team will respond. you jerk the players, you really think they are going to play their heart out for you?

Archived