The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manny Or Pahlsson: What Do We Do?

Nucks-4-Life

Guest gumballthechewy

I would keep Manny and move Pahlsson AND Booth. Not because Booth isn't a decent player, he's just too greedy for me and if I have to settle for a "greedy" player I would rather take Kes any day. Booth was an epic fail in the SC and he didn't have an injury excuse.

Team is broken and it needs to be fixed... regardless of who stays, comes or leaves...

Canucks has been broken for a while now and honestly it doesn't matter what happens as far as it gets fixed. LA figured us in 5 games... which is very concerning to say the least. Sure they are having an amazing playoff series, especially with LA sweeping the Blues and eliminating the Coyotes in 5, however I dont have any sympathy for AV and the team in any way because now LA is in the finals with 12 games won and 2 lost...

Supposedly we are a cup contender team yet we got knocked out in 5 games in round one; not sure if its time to pull the panic lever quite yet, however this window of a cup contender team is getting smaller by the minute and honestly is coming around really fast.

AV's coaching style has been revealed and teams are starting to have the Canucks figured out. Regardless of our success in 2011 playoffs and 2012 regular season, we have to be honest and face the truth - AV has been out-coached.

• 4 weeks later...

Manny is going to have to adjust his faceoff game. The league will now call a 2 minute penalty for players who use their hands to win faceoffs. Manny does this very often and I think it's a great way to utilize a hand pass. The league would rather see two guys tied up and the puck sit there until a winger can win the battle.

Malhotra has an NTC, so the best we can do is pray that a solid off-season of training gets him back to a 10-goal scoring mark and 30-point standard.

Pahlsson on the otherhand was one of our only bright spots in the playoffs and in the stretch run. He isn't worth 2.5 million anymore but is a very solid 4th line veteran that should get 1.5 million for a year. He was solid physically, a great penalty killer and has a wicked shot with some great offensive abilities.

Meanwhile Lapierre played well for us, and with Hansen improving I'd like to see this next season:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Kassian - Lapierre - Hansen

Pahlsson - Malhotra - Bitz

Weise

We need to find Raymond 2 hard-nosed scoring passers to play with on the 2nd. I would like to see Kane AND Pavelski / Mike Fisher or even Stamkos partner Raymond...................Fireworks!

No free agent signings means no Cup! We need a true sniper and #1 defenceman like one of the nashville boys. At least get one F or D! Unless Kesler gets back to a 30 or 40+ goal season, Booth gets at least 25+ we lack some sniping ability!

Pahlsson...we should spend or money in another way!

Archived