Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edler0023

[Report] - Jason Garrison : Canucks High On His List If Panthers Don't Resign Him

351 posts in this topic

Here's hoping. We really need to add a solid top 4 D-Man

If we were to get him I would want a deal for around 2 years just if the season was a fluke and that we aren't stuck long term. But I do think we are going to have to give at least 4 million because everyone is going to overpay for him.

^

Imagine an extra 500k to a house for someone else?!?!?

Maybe even two?

Nahhhhh let's just get a bigger nicer house.

You must be young too

How do you propose someone else would get a house or two if Garrison takes a 500k less per year to come to the Canucks. Is that what happens? If a player takes less the Vancouver Canucks donate 500k per year to buy ppl a house? Or the BC gov't buys someone a 500k house? I don't know how this works, please enlighten me.

I don't know of too many adults who want a trampoline or a ferris wheel in their house. Kinda odd choices to make with an extra 500k per year but what ever you like. Perhaps you can also buy a candy cane machine too.

Please name some of "many NHLers" that took millions less to play with a certain team. It's believed Hamhuis took less but there aren't many more. How many NHLers hold out on due to contract issues. Didn't Drew Doughty just do that? Didn't Luongo get traded to Vancouver because he wanted more money from Florida but they wouldn't pay? Didn't the Great Joe Sakic sign an offer sheet with the Rangers for more money than COL would pay him? Most NHL players are from small town Canada or Europe yet they play in the US. This is because of money. They move half way across the world to make money.

PPL like you believe these guys are playing out their child hood dreams. There are more doctors and lawyers in the world than there are professional athletes, they had child hood dreams of becoming doctors and lawyers too. They don't do their jobs for less money than they could get else where because it was their dream to be a lawyer. Neither do pro athletes. NHL is a business and player after player says this. They know its a business. As a matter of fact its a $3.1 billion business. You may recall the lockout. It was all over money. This whole childhood dream thing is what kids believe. Kids also believe professional athletes are heroes and role models.

You are such an idiot that you don't deserve a response but I will say one thing to you,

There is no freaking way you call me a b*tch to my face. No freaking way.

How do you propose someone else would get a house or two if Garrison takes a 500k less per year to come to the Canucks. Is that what happens? If a player takes less the Vancouver Canucks donate 500k per year to buy ppl a house? Or the BC gov't buys someone a 500k house? I don't know how this works, please enlighten me.

I don't know of too many adults who want a trampoline or a ferris wheel in their house. Kinda odd choices to make with an extra 500k per year but what ever you like. Perhaps you can also buy a candy cane machine too.

Please name some of "many NHLers" that took millions less to play with a certain team. It's believed Hamhuis took less but there aren't many more. How many NHLers hold out on due to contract issues. Didn't Drew Doughty just do that? Didn't Luongo get traded to Vancouver because he wanted more money from Florida but they wouldn't pay? Didn't the Great Joe Sakic sign an offer sheet with the Rangers for more money than COL would pay him? Most NHL players are from small town Canada or Europe yet they play in the US. This is because of money. They move half way across the world to make money.

PPL like you believe these guys are playing out their child hood dreams. There are more doctors and lawyers in the world than there are professional athletes, they had child hood dreams of becoming doctors and lawyers too. They don't do their jobs for less money than they could get else where because it was their dream to be a lawyer. Neither do pro athletes. NHL is a business and player after player says this. They know its a business. As a matter of fact its a $3.1 billion business. You may recall the lockout. It was all over money. This whole childhood dream thing is what kids believe. Kids also believe professional athletes are heroes and role models.

You are such an idiot that you don't deserve a response but I will say one thing to you,

Really doesn't seem like Garrison is a Gillis type signing. One quality season with a high money demand, goes against the whole Money Ball Theory.

Really doesn't seem like Garrison is a Gillis type signing. One quality season with a high money demand, goes against the whole Money Ball Theory.

Anyone who would spend 3.75 on Schultz probably shouldn't have to think too hard about spending that on a guy who has actually produced, even if for only one season - it was after all, only his second NHL season - and the guy has great tools - a big shot, a big frame, a good skater, good hockey sense - his size helps in many ways - harder to handle, harder to hurt when you hit him, less effort for him to move people, even if he isn't the most punishing physical player. We keep hearing that Garrison played with Campbell, but Suter played with Weber for crying out loud. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Suter turns out to be the biggest overpayment in this UFA class. If Garrison wants to play here, take a reasonable risk on him. Salo is the only real reasonable right handed UFA and with those two, the blueline looks solid. There are lots of left handed defensive blueliners on the UFA market, but the big mean right handed guy can come later if necessary (Petrovic?).

I would offer Garrison 4.25 million x 4 years at the most. He gets the chance to play for a contender, play at home and get big minutes. He is not worth Wideman money. Carle should get more than Garrison as well. They've had multiple successful seasons. Garrison could be a one-year wonder.

I'd rather have Garrison than either Carle or Wideman - I think it is a good thing that he is younger and less established - he'll turn out to be the better cap value as a result. Garrison is a bigger guy with more upside at both ends of the ice - he could put up some mad numbers on the Canucks powerplay... and a discount signing could turn out to pay off for him in the long run...

I would offer Garrison 4.25 million x 4 years at the most. He gets the chance to play for a contender, play at home and get big minutes. He is not worth Wideman money. Carle should get more than Garrison as well. They've had multiple successful seasons. Garrison could be a one-year wonder.

Then I definitely wouldn't offer Garrison 4 years at a 4.25 cap hit. I don't know, I just feel its going to be very hard signing this guy.

Sombody is going to stupidly overpay, hopefully he goes with a chance to win over money.

You can just predict Garrison is gonna sign in Edmonton to troll the Canucks.

I really hope Gillis and his scouting staff know what they are doing regarding Garrison. If he is that good, then sign him. If we add only one player this off season then getting the best bang for the buck preimeir defenseman is all we do then do it!!!

Do not want. Do not want. Do not want.

Sorry, but adding one more average D-man to a team full of averages is NOT going to put this team over the top.

Do not want. Do not want. Do not want.

Sorry, but adding one more average D-man to a team full of averages is NOT going to put this team over the top.