The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] - Jason Garrison : Canucks High On His List If Panthers Don't Resign Him

@News1130Sports: Garrison says he grew up watching the Canucks, says it would be a thrill playing for the hometown team.

@News1130Sports: Garrison says he wants to be back in Florida but his agent hasn't talked to the Panthers lately.

@News1130Sports: Garrison made paltry 675,000 last season. In for huge raise whoever signs him. If he hits market - VAN will be high on his list.

@News1130Sports: Garrison tells us that signing with the Canucks would be a dream come true but will try 1st to re-sign with FLO.

@News1130Sports: FLO deeman and White Rock native Jason Garrison tells us - it would be a dream come true to sign with Canucks if he's a u-f-a July 1st. .

@farhandevji: Jason Garrison tells @News1130Sports the #Canucks will be high on his list if he doesn't re-sign with the #Panthers. Sign me up.

@ThomasDrance: On Garrison re-signing in Florida, the Panthers have ~15 million in cap space tied up in just three defenseman (Jovo, Campbell, Gudbranson).

Don't expect the Canucks to be too eager on putting 4-5mill on this guy, which is what he wants. It's going to take a home town discount and a miss on getting Suter to get this guy so doesn't seem the most likely thing to go down this summer with the Canucks.

I wouldn't be opposed to it....but he would have to leave a lot of money on the table to sign here, and hope that Ballard was moved.

I don't see it being overly realistic. Another LH d-man, who would end up being Ballard 2.0 here (he could easily get 3.5 on the open market)

*I know he plays the right side, but I think there are better candidates to play Edlers d-partner moving forward.

It would be a waste to bring him in on a 3rd pairing role.

If he really wants to play in Vancouver, I can see a 4 year deal around 3.5 per. Usually when guys want to sign somewhere in particular, term is more important that the aav.

Break down:

5M in bonus $$ upfront (due to new CBA)

Year 1 - 3M

Year 2 - 2.5M

Year 3 - 2.5M

Year 4 - 2M

No NTC - we have enough of those.

But he probably gets more or longer somewhere else.

Archived