The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] - Jason Garrison : Canucks High On His List If Panthers Don't Resign Him

He would be a depth signing. But it looks real good on him to see he averaged 23 minutes a game, and on a team that ended up in the playoffs. A depth signing, not a longer term solution. We ARE looking for a top 2 dman. , but he will only be worth it for under 2.5 million.

"hes from BC " boners away..

this is a disaster in the making....anything above a 3 million cap hit over 2 seasons will be too big of a risk for my liking.....if you're going to throw big money at a UFA make sure he has proven himself for more than 1 season......

Salo will not be back with the Canucks next year, he will sign with another team as he has stated his desire to play another season. Salo's time with the Canucks is up. MG knows this team needs to get tougher overall and especially on the back end. Ballard will probably be traded. MG will most likely try to sign Garrison and Shultz and I wouldn't be surprised if he got both of them. I don't think MG will go after Suter because the price will be too high and Suter will most likely stay in US.

I think Garrison will sign a 3 to 4 year deal at approx 4 mill per year. I don't see him taking a home town discount because Garrison hasn't made a lot of money so far in his career. This will be his first chance to make serious money and he'd be foolish not to cash in.

I don't know if you are a homer or just plain dumb. Patrick Kane is an elite talent that would push this team over the top. As for Tanev he is no longer a rookie. As for Connauton, he is very close to being NHL ready. He also has a 90mph slapper too. Btw when him and Tanev were the Wolves' top pairing, the two of them lit it up.

Edler - Suter

Hamhuis - Garrison

Tanev - Connauton

Luongo (5.33), Raymond (2.55), Ballard (4.25), Booth (4.2), Malhotra (2.5) Bieksa (4.6) traded for a roster player or two prospects and picks =

$23,433,333 in extra cap space.

Luongo, Ballard, Sauve, 2nd, 2nd for Patrick Kane

Booth, Bieksa, Malhotra for Jordan Staal

Raymond signs an offersheet with Toronto for $2 million a year = 2nd round pick for compensation

Sign Parise to a 4 year deal worth $28 million ($7 million annually)

Sign Suter to an 8 year deal worth $56 million ($7 million annually)

Sign Garrison to a 3 year contract worth $13,500,000 ($4.5 million annually)

Cap has to go up to $68.2 million for it to work

2012-13 roster

Sedin (6.1) - Sedin (6.1) - Kesler (5)

Parise (7) - Staal (4) - Kane (6.3)

Higgins (1.9) - Schroeder (1) - Burrows (2)

Kassian (.870) - Lapierre (1) - Hansen (1.35)

Forwards = $42,645,000

Edler (3.25) - Suter (7)

Hamhuis (4.5) - Garrison (4.5)

Tanev (.900) - Connauton (.900)

Defense = 21,050,000

Schneider (3.5)

Lack (.900)

Goalies (4,400,000)

Total cap hit: $68,095,000/$68,200,000

Potential good player... but I don't see him complementing our existing core of guys. We have a bunch of average to smallish players who are all reasonably good puck movers.

We clearly need a very big, very physical defenceman. We are lacking that.... as much as Alberts and Ballard have tried to be that intimidating guy, they just aren't cut out for it.

It is SO important to have a presence on defence (in the top 4) that makes the opposing forwards think twice about making plays in the offensive zone, and instead be worried about their survival. The more they are worried about getting hit, the faster they try to get rid of the puck.

Right now, they are free to do all the fancy plays they want as there is no one who will crush them for holding onto the puck for an extra few seconds.

This is why a guy like Weber would be so good for us and why we should sell the farm to get him.

Don't expect the Canucks to be too eager on putting 4-5mill on this guy, which is what he wants. It's going to take a home town discount and a miss on getting Suter to get this guy so doesn't seem the most likely thing to go down this summer with the Canucks.

You guys are sure chinsy. 3.5 mill? He scored 16 goals. That's what we need. Not edlers who put up 3-4 goals a year. A guy who can find the back of the net from the point. This year one of my biggest beefs with our team was dmen not getting shots thru. Maybe a coaching error but this guy seems to have a knack for it. Sedins should be able to create enough pp room for our dmen to get shots thru. Give this guy 4 mill plus for 5 years hes entering his prime. We do need to get rid of some dmen tho.

Archived