The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Video] Bure Goal #60 - 1994

M A K A V E L I 96

Former member of the official Pavel Bure fanclub. Got so excited when I was a kid to receive that newsletter in the mail.

Cannot believe the speed he has. We all talk about how fast guys like Booth, Kesler and Raymond are. Then I watch those two clips and kind of laugh.

On a sidenote, the WHC has been the first time I've had the opportunity to really watch Jeff Skinner play. He is a beautiful skater. Not faster than Pavel, but he is sure fun to watch. If I had a kid I would put him in figure skating. I think its kind of the equivalent, or at least similar, to Johnny Cash's song "Boy Named Sue".

My kid will be a great skater, and he'll be tough because he'll have to deal with kids teasing him for being in figure skating :lol: . Good combination for a hockey player.

Guest Dasein

Unreal speed - he'd be considered one of the best, if not the best, skaters by even the current NHL standards.

He is the reason why I started paying attention to hockey...even though the ex, a Canucks fanatic, for the past five years previous to that couldn't get me into watching hockey. All I can recall before then were a lot of russian names skating around but when Bure hit the ice he always managed to break away from the pack...how could you not notice...and then score!

My favorite athlete of all time, man what a player. Anyone notice when the Canucks score a goal in Anaheim nowadays theres a massive roar compared to back then :lol: , guess alot of people didnt travel back then to see the team play on the road

• 2 weeks later...

Nail Yakupov may be the next Bure.

I watched a video on him for the first time yesterday and I saw a lot of resemblance in Bure, he is scouted to be number #1 in the draft this year. His favorite player growing up was Bure, his number is 10 like Bure, he skates and dangles like Bure and snipes and throws his body around as well. I've just never seen another player like Bure, but for the first time since I have seen Bure play watching Nail Yakupov it was like watching Bure again when Bure was a rookie.

Archived