The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Modo Hockey's G M Markus Naslund Confirms His Interest In Samuel Pahlsson

Translation:

The squad is far from finished, but Markus Naslund sits still in the boat.

- Compared to last year, we are well placed. We are in phase and there is absolutely no stress, MoDo says general manager confirming the club's interest to get home Samuel Påhlsson.

When most elite clubs have their troops ready or just the odd spot to fill, it's still big holes in MoDo squad. But Markus Naslund is not stressed or worried.

- We're talking tip of players now and it is important pieces to be in the team and then it takes a little longer. There is much to do before coming to the end. I do not feel any stress when we are in phase. This is very important pieces and then it may take time.

- No, I'm not worried, said Markus Naslund.

How many players it's about before the squad is ready, apart from the juniors to be given the chance?

- My guess is five players, hard to say exactly, but presumably five.

What is the situation when it comes to getting home Samuel Påhlsson?

- He is one of the names we want to get here and we have a good relationship with his agent. We hope that what he wants to do is play with Modo and there is some interest from him to come here.

With the recruitment of Richie Regehr, you have room for another transatlantic. Will there be such a solicitation?

- Yes, we should have a transatlantic to.

Of the (approximately) five players you should pick up, how many of them are foreign players?

- It's hard to answer that question.

It happens a lot during the silly season, what do you think is the biggest surprise so far?

- If it happens, it is Robert Rosen transition to Växjö the biggest surprise given that he had a contract with AIK.

How do you see such a transition, given your role as general manager / sports director?

- There is a big problem for players who have contracts will be contacted and the gang have to take a look at this. Would such things be in the NHL clubs would go for hefty fines, said Markus Naslund.

http://allehanda.se/...-stilla-i-baten

Markus never seemed like the type of guy that would take a GM position to me, or any position in hockey post-playing career.

Depending on how well he does and how much experience he gains in Modo, I wonder if we will see him back in the organization some day?

We do a great job of it already (Smyl, Gradin, Snepsts, to name a few).

Markus never seemed like the type of guy that would take a GM position to me, or any position in hockey post-playing career.

Depending on how well he does and how much experience he gains in Modo, I wonder if we will see him back in the organization some day?

Archived