Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sugar baby watermelon

Favorite Tv Cartoon Of All Time, Past & Present

92 posts in this topic

I'm a big kid when it comes to watching toons on TV, going back to the days of Tom & Jerry, Popeye, Woody Woodpecker and friends, the Looney Tunes, even Hercules & Rocket Robin Hood, yikes.

What is your favorite past and present cartoons out there. I know some of your picks will jog memories of some forgotten cartoon out there.

My past I gotta go with the first five years or so of Tom & Jerry, I can still watch this and just ordered a copy on blu-ray

tomjerry.jpg

Present day fave is a toss up between

samurai_jack.jpg

its just plain wicked or

Fosters-fosters-home-for-imaginary-friends-9252552-570-370.jpg?1337266010576

saw this while working on a cruise ship a few years back and it just blew my mind, couldn't stop laughing at the zany little pacman enemy Blue

Jonny Quest.

johnny-quest.jpg

Fat Albert

fat-albert-wallpaper-childhood-memories-149305_1024_768.jpg

Assuming we're picking kids cartoons here, Recess, Rug Rats, Pinky and the Brain were some of my faves.

recess.png

Can remember the name it's the Japanese one where they have an old battleship they turned into a space ship and they were rushing to Ishkandar to do something about the evil Gamalon.

As a little kid of loved it since the bad guys were also pretty cool and the good guys didn't always win. (Yes, that annoyed me as a young child in other cartoons).

Can remember the name it's the Japanese one where they have an old battleship they turned into a space ship and they were rushing to Ishkandar to do something about the evil Gamalon.

As a little kid of loved it since the bad guys were also pretty cool and the good guys didn't always win. (Yes, that annoyed me as a young child in other cartoons).

Star blazers I was wondering what that show was, I loved that as a kid!!! Damn good choice!!! Thanks for jogging my memory

This Canadian series, Zeroman, was very underrated, but has serious potential to become a cult classic. It only ran for 14 episodes between 2004 and 2005. Essentially, Leslie Nielson plays a superhero version of himself named Les Mutton. Ryan Reynolds plays his assistant, Ty Cheese. One of his primary adversaries is an evil-doer named Rusty Woodenwater.

Rusty's henchmen are Ron and Don, voiced by the men they were based on, Ron MacLean and Don Cherry. Check this out.

Too many to choose:

But this is the funniest hands down....

(This is a close up??? A CLOSE UP YOU JERK! A CLOSE UP!!! Camera zoom him right to his eyeballs)

My favorites are:

The Robot Spy freaked me out as a kid. That show made me believe anything in the future was possible.

Despite not understanding the French translated version on French CBC I loved this. Makes Johnny Depp look like a putz.

Better written and probably better than most of our current sci-fi. And come on laser cannons that have recoil? But still amazing.

How about Darkwing Duck? Anyone remember that show? I loved it when I was really young.

darkwing_duck.jpg

MASK where the cars could turn into something else flying doleran/helicopter bike/ the one that could turn into a boat