The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Its Game 7 Vs Boston: Who Do You Bring In?

jonnycanuck46

Who would you bring in for game seven vs. Boston?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bure had Ovechkin kinda power. He would hit and play dirty if he had to. He could protect himself, but Gino had his back too!

He was the type of player that was around a decade ahead of his time in terms of a combination of speed, skill & heart/power.

Linden. He was amazing in every game 7 this team ever played with him. Remeber the Dallas game 7?

He was the heart and soul of this team until he got traded and until he retired. The day the Canucks win the cup i will be incredibly happy but then saddened by the thought that Linden never got that second chance that the team should have brought him.

PS. I wasn't able to watch the 94 run and didn't get to watch Bure that much. Got into the Canucks in late 90's early 200's. So missed out on some good players. And even though i've seen highlights on youtube, i'm sure it just isn's the same. This obviously has affected my decision here lol

If Linden was 20, yeah him..., speed, size, mad skills AND leadership. In 91'...

But 94 Linden, 94 Bure?

Give your head a shake people, its an easy Bure decision. We lost our last two play off series due to physical match up problems, first and foremost. Linden showed incredible courage, but partly because he fought through getting completely beat up to the point of loosing his effectiveness? Bure offered lightning speed, also power, extreme explosiveness and nobody could match up with him. He alone could swing a series on physical skills.

And then he could score!

I personally hate Bure. Greedy little turncoat, puke! I would much rather cheer for Linden, but Bure was easily the most dynamic, game breaking talent I have ever seen!

edit; (no I never saw Gretzky live, Lemiex...)

Wondering what the fanbase thinks of this one: Linden of 94 or Bure of 94?

Linden:

heart

Motivation

Leadership

Offense

grit

determination

clutch

Bure:

Offensive powerhouse

clutch

determined

razzle dazzle

speed

some heart

For those of you who think Bure would get run over by Boston:::

normal.jpg?1309065163

I'd pick Linden surprisingly, because our issue all along has been motivation and leadership. The guys needed heart and determination more than anything, and I think Linden defined that attitude for the 94 team.

Maybe it's to do with Bure's game misconduct on game 3 of the Finals, but I'd take Linden anytime.

Game 7 when it mattered Linden scored twice. Bure may have helped us get to the Finals but he didn't seem to thrive under the pressure. Maybe he was injured and beaten up like the rest of the guys, but he didn't seem to elevate his game in the Finals.

Trevor Linden of course, Linden always was clutch in the playoffs, and his heart to win was bigger then any other player. Also Trevor was the only one to score the 2 goals in game 7 in 1994, with broken ribs and and torn rib cartilage, now that's heart and determination to win.

In game seven, Linden scored twice (the next player to get two goals in a game seven was Alex Tanguay in 2001) but the Canucks lost, 3–2.[29] Linden finished second on the team in playoff scoring, with 12 goals and 25 points.[20] It was revealed afterwards that Linden had played through the finals with broken ribs and torn rib cartilage.[30]

Archived