The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sign Mikeal Samuelsson?

1 year 2 million. I'd love to have Sammy back but I doubt he will want to be back (sour about the trade).

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Samuelsson

Higgins - ? - Hansen

Malhotra - Lapierre - ?

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Edler - ?

Ballard - ?

Salo ?

I wouldn't mind something like this, don't want to fork out too much for a Suter or Parise. The Luongo/Schneider trade will fill-in spots and possibly alter the above (I think MG will upgrade the defence and bring in a 3rd/4th liner).

Good players make things happen on their own. If Booth needs Kesler to be going for him to score, then he isn't worth almost as much as Kesler.

I still have faith that he can become that 30 goal scorer again, but his contract will never be as moneyball as Samuelsson's was. Which is why this was a risky trade. At best he was going to live up to his 4.2 million dollar salary, but worst case scenario, he beomes a fringe 20 goal scorer like Raymond with almost double the cap hit.

It's been proposed in the other forum.

I wouldn't mind him coming back just as long as it's a lower cap hit that he has now.

However, I think Gillis has a different approach. He will look for much younger players that can contribute similarly.

If we could add as a depth guy, that would be awsome. People may not know, but he was a big part of FLA making the playoffs and their playoff series. He was playing on one of their best lines and was playing regular pp minutes, and their pp was pretty good.

I think Sammy would help our pp a lot, and can shoot the puck.

1 year 2 million. I'd love to have Sammy back but I doubt he will want to be back (sour about the trade).

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Samuelsson

Higgins - ? - Hansen

Malhotra - Lapierre - ?

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Edler - ?

Ballard - ?

Salo ?

I wouldn't mind something like this, don't want to fork out too much for a Suter or Parise. The Luongo/Schneider trade will fill-in spots and possibly alter the above (I think MG will upgrade the defence and bring in a 3rd/4th liner).

Archived