Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

This Year Is A Mulligan. La Is Just On Fire!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
108 replies to this topic

#1 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

We've scored more goals than anyone else has on LA (8 goals) and we won one game. Imagine if Daniel played every game and Schneider started the first 2 games. We could of had a chance.
LA is just dominating everyone. It makes me want to throw up.

#2 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

We still played horrible. I have no hard feelings against L.A., they outplayed us and I wish them all the best.

Edited by Ti'gol Bitties, 17 May 2012 - 08:58 PM.

3Goktj2.jpg

#3 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

It seems like every year is a mulligan for the Canucks. When is it our turn ? Oh right sorry, we don't deserve it, were terrible fans according to everyone !? :picard:

Edited by Hockey Fever, 17 May 2012 - 09:00 PM.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#4 Darius71

Darius71

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

I think its an aberration. They are good, but not this good. Jared Stoll, Dwight King and Willie Mitchell look like all stars, yeah right, that will last long. Canucks lost the series when they allowed those two short handed goals. At least they dominated them in stretches and quick had to stand on his head. Phoenix looks absolutely horrible.

Just to think of how differently things could have unfolded if SJ did not beat LA twice down the stretch, they would have finished 8th and maybe LA wouldnt have caught fire if they faced another team in the first round.

My hope is that they face the rangers, and Prust manages to square off with Brown (who hides behind his visor and pairs off with the smallest guys during scrums) and feeds him about 15 rights to the chin. If i were torts id get rupp or prust to go after him from the drop of the puck.

#5 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

Im having a tought ime seeing anyone beating the Kings right now. I do think we didnt play well though and we are partially responsible for there confidence level and momentum.
GOD BE PRAISED

#6 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

Get real. Danny playing wouldn't have made much of a difference. And goaltending was not an issue in the series.

I'm sick of the excuses people make for this team.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#7 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

The lack of effort in games 1 and 2 cost us the series.

Posted Image

#8 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

Get real. Danny playing wouldn't have made much of a difference. And goaltending was not an issue in the series.

I'm sick of the excuses people make for this team.

First three games minus Daniel: 3 Regulation losses
Next 2 with Daniel: A win and an OT loss. And I thought we desered to win game 5 the way we played.

Posted Image

#9 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,658 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

You win some you lose some. L.A. has it together this year.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#10 4four4

4four4

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

Totally agree with you. LA would not be doing what their doing if that fagget Keith didn't do what he did. LA got lucky with all their matchups this year:

Canucks: Missing top scorer
Blues: No playoff experience what so ever, bunch of young players
Coyotes: Don't know how their still in this playoffs, NSH is better IMO

Hopefully the SCF will teach them how it's done.

Get a clue. Lets look at the seeds they have played this spring. They have beaten the Canucks the number one seed, they beat the St. Louis Blues the second seed and they are on the verge of beating the Phoenix Coyotes the number three seed. NO other team in NHL history has ever done that. EVER!!!!! They deserve your respect.
"It was the 500th game in franchise history for the Wild, who began play in 2000. With a total record of 215-194-90 record (.521), the Wild have the seventh-best win percentage of any active franchise after its first 500 games.

'We should acknowledge the debt the world owes to the United States for its leadership in this fight against international terrorism.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown

#11 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:32 PM

They weren't unbeatable. If the Nucks had been playing their best hockey, they would have won. Kesler playing injured, the injury to Daniel, starting our second best goaltender in game 1 and 2, uncharicteristically horrible play from Edler, special teams falling apart...those are the things that killed us more than anything LA did.

#12 Day one

Day one

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

Totally agree with you. LA would not be doing what their doing if that fagget Keith didn't do what he did. LA got lucky with all their matchups this year:

So Daniel is the "I" in "team"? Let's get real. A 1st place team that can't stand up to an 8th place team has more problems than one player could change. This team was not prepared for the playoffs and struggled for months leading up to them. A talented group of players that is suffering. From what, you ask?

#13 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

Yep they're on fire alright...unfortunately. Nothing would bring my piss to a boil more than if a couple of players who party like 17 year old school girls go on to win the Stanley cup. But hey, if a couple school girls won the cup I'd probably get over it seeing as though a rat won it last year. Nothing surprises me anymore in the nhl.
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#14 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

Wouldn't have mattered, because whatever demon pact LA has signed in order to win the cup this year is not going to be overcome by mere mortals.

#15 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,470 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

If we just ignore what happened this year you are destined to fail. You need to evaluate what went wrong and where to improve. We need takented size in our top 6, a puck distributor on the second line, and a right handed mobile big defenseman

#16 B-town Canuck

B-town Canuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

There's no need to say "if this" or "if that". What's happening right now is one of those anomolies in all sports. One team just has it at the right time. You can speculate all you want about why it's happening, but the bottom line is all the stars aligned for the Kings so far.
Posted Image

#17 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

The lack of effort in games 1 and 2 cost us the series.

And goaltending.

Edited by Nino, 17 May 2012 - 10:10 PM.

#18 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,579 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

If you looked at the 5 games they played us, they won by the skin of their teeth, and Quick stole 2 or 3 of the games. The game I went to, Game 2, Vancouver outshot LA 48-27, and even Sutter admitted they played like crap and didnt deserve to win. Vancouver could have easily swept that series, thats how close it was, they were 2 or 3 unlucky bounces away from winning a couple more of those games. I didnt think the Canucks played all too bad, except for Game 1, which they had a fantastic opportunity of winning in a 2-2 tie with under 5 minutes left, that Dustin Brown goal hurt bigtime.
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#19 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • 6,260 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

I think people are bitter because the Kings are pretty much healthy and had a free ride to the SCF, while the Canucks (injured) played feared teams last year. A lot of winning the Cup is luck, ours ran out last year (one too many injuries) and the Kings still have theirs going.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#20 thekeslerfan

thekeslerfan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

Kind of upsetting.
LA hasn't done sh*t all year, until the playoffs where they kick out teams go have been working hard all season.
Oh well, that's just the way it goes I guess.

#21 thekeslerfan

thekeslerfan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

Kind of upsetting.
LA hasn't done sh*t all year, until the playoffs where they kick out teams go have been working hard all season.
Oh well, that's just the way it goes I guess.

#22 van_ws

van_ws

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

The Canucks were outclassed, outplayed and beaten by the better team. Stop making excuses. To sum it up:

- LA's best players were great. The Canucks top guns didn't produce enough. The second line was invisible.
- No finish. Canucks did not bury their chances. Fact is, they desperately need a sniper and/or gamebreaker.

You can say all you want about Quick stealing the series. He played excellent, no doubt but the above is the real reason why we lost. Goaltending was not the issue here. The lack of finish and scoring was.

#23 Kassian's Tooth

Kassian's Tooth

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

Yup, we were robbed. MG please don't make one roster change cuz we're the best already! (Love this loser logic). Face it we were bitch slapped by a much better team and they're going to be even better next year.

#24 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

LA was a good team who was underachieving the entire year. they played loads better then us, and im sorry daniel would not have made a difference. before he was injured the twins sucked.

playing nonplayoff teams in the end gave us a false sense of security...and many thought they would just "flip" the switch. sorry
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#25 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

lol @ all the retards blaming we lost because of goaltending, last i checked we can't score any goals, can't setup on the PP, can't sustain any pressure in the offensive zone, and defense making bone headed play throughout the entire series. it's surprising to see the pure blinded hatreds towards Luongo in this city as apparently we lost the series because of Luongo. i'm guessing St.Louis lost because of Elliot and Phoenix lost because of Mike Smith too. There's NO WAY LA Kings is actually a really good team that underachieved in the regular season right? top 6 of Kopitar, Carter, Richard, and Brown is easily as good as any teams in the league when playing up to the potential ya? We lost the series because of key injuries and the offense/defense not showing up.. not because of goaltending from neither goaltender. take off your tinted glasses and stop drinking the koolaids.

#26 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,939 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

Don't forget the Blues didn't have Halak, who has proven to be a beast in the playoffs.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#27 Burrows91

Burrows91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

"and if Schneider started the first two games?" Ummmm Luongo was a freakin beast the first 2 games, dont know how Schneider could have done any better and led us to a win
2iaadl5.jpg

Credit: -Vintage Canuck-

#28 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

First three games minus Daniel: 3 Regulation losses
Next 2 with Daniel: A win and an OT loss. And I thought we desered to win game 5 the way we played.

this

#29 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

LA was a good team who was underachieving the entire year. they played loads better then us, and im sorry daniel would not have made a difference. before he was injured the twins sucked.

playing nonplayoff teams in the end gave us a false sense of security...and many thought they would just "flip" the switch. sorry

lmao and the canucks were underachieving near the end of the season, especially the sedins.

how can you know that daniel wouldnt made a difference?

0-3-0 without, 1-0-1 with. deal with it

#30 RBCanucks

RBCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:32 AM

We still played horrible. I have no hard feelings against L.A., they outplayed us and I wish them all the best.

*We played horrible defensively. We dominated LA in their own zone but we couldn't beat Quick and the Kings tare far too good in front of their own net.

The playoffs are about grinding out the other team into submission, the Canucks are not a team that does this especially well. The Kings however have dominated because of it. Under Sutter the Kings have become a far more aggressive team and key players have stepped up offensively to give the Kings a huge edge against other teams.

Edited by rbcanucks87, 18 May 2012 - 03:33 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.