The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This Year Is A Mulligan. La Is Just On Fire!

Italia2006

We've scored more goals than anyone else has on LA (8 goals) and we won one game. Imagine if Daniel played every game and Schneider started the first 2 games. We could of had a chance.

LA is just dominating everyone. It makes me want to throw up.

I think its an aberration. They are good, but not this good. Jared Stoll, Dwight King and Willie Mitchell look like all stars, yeah right, that will last long. Canucks lost the series when they allowed those two short handed goals. At least they dominated them in stretches and quick had to stand on his head. Phoenix looks absolutely horrible.

Just to think of how differently things could have unfolded if SJ did not beat LA twice down the stretch, they would have finished 8th and maybe LA wouldnt have caught fire if they faced another team in the first round.

My hope is that they face the rangers, and Prust manages to square off with Brown (who hides behind his visor and pairs off with the smallest guys during scrums) and feeds him about 15 rights to the chin. If i were torts id get rupp or prust to go after him from the drop of the puck.

Totally agree with you. LA would not be doing what their doing if that fagget Keith didn't do what he did. LA got lucky with all their matchups this year:

Canucks: Missing top scorer

Blues: No playoff experience what so ever, bunch of young players

Coyotes: Don't know how their still in this playoffs, NSH is better IMO

Hopefully the SCF will teach them how it's done.

They weren't unbeatable. If the Nucks had been playing their best hockey, they would have won. Kesler playing injured, the injury to Daniel, starting our second best goaltender in game 1 and 2, uncharicteristically horrible play from Edler, special teams falling apart...those are the things that killed us more than anything LA did.

Totally agree with you. LA would not be doing what their doing if that fagget Keith didn't do what he did. LA got lucky with all their matchups this year:

Canucks: Missing top scorer

Blues: No playoff experience what so ever, bunch of young players

Coyotes: Don't know how their still in this playoffs, NSH is better IMO

Hopefully the SCF will teach them how it's done.

Yep they're on fire alright...unfortunately. Nothing would bring my piss to a boil more than if a couple of players who party like 17 year old school girls go on to win the Stanley cup. But hey, if a couple school girls won the cup I'd probably get over it seeing as though a rat won it last year. Nothing surprises me anymore in the nhl.

If we just ignore what happened this year you are destined to fail. You need to evaluate what went wrong and where to improve. We need takented size in our top 6, a puck distributor on the second line, and a right handed mobile big defenseman

There's no need to say "if this" or "if that". What's happening right now is one of those anomolies in all sports. One team just has it at the right time. You can speculate all you want about why it's happening, but the bottom line is all the stars aligned for the Kings so far.

If you looked at the 5 games they played us, they won by the skin of their teeth, and Quick stole 2 or 3 of the games. The game I went to, Game 2, Vancouver outshot LA 48-27, and even Sutter admitted they played like crap and didnt deserve to win. Vancouver could have easily swept that series, thats how close it was, they were 2 or 3 unlucky bounces away from winning a couple more of those games. I didnt think the Canucks played all too bad, except for Game 1, which they had a fantastic opportunity of winning in a 2-2 tie with under 5 minutes left, that Dustin Brown goal hurt bigtime.

I think people are bitter because the Kings are pretty much healthy and had a free ride to the SCF, while the Canucks (injured) played feared teams last year. A lot of winning the Cup is luck, ours ran out last year (one too many injuries) and the Kings still have theirs going.

Archived