The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This Year Is A Mulligan. La Is Just On Fire!

Italia2006

Whatever. Only underscores our monumental fail.

Game 1 - got the first goal, went to sleep after

Game 2 - territorial play was even, could have gone either way

Game 3 - noticeably outplayed them, should have had it

Went .500 with Daniel in but we had more to give.

Like MG said in yesterday's interview, this was a blown chance. Right in the middle/latter stage of our window, too. Guys weren't ready to play (what does that point to?), ended up giving LA confidence where there was none before. Speaking of that interview: Got the impression things between MG and AV ain't all hunky-dory. Still talking playing styles and game philosophy, I guess. Well keep talking, but I've never heard of marriage getting better after seven years. Usually it's just more of the same.

3 consecutive losses to eventual cup winners. Do we wan't another President's trophy? Cuz we are getting into Buffalo Bills territory.

quick hasnt faced a snipper like daniel yet in this playoff. if daniel played the 1st 3 games, who knows what could have happened? all games against the canucks were close. the boys made some errors in game 2 that caused us the game- of which we were dominating. but yes, the boys were bad in game 1. we should have won game 3 and 5. for game 5- canucks dominated for 2 periods, kings up their game in the 3rd period but the boys were still good. cayotes were just horrible in this series- smith played awesome against hawks and preds, but he's not looking good against the kings.

im kinda thinking maybe the kings really has that pact with the devil.... they can't be this good. they were never this good until the playoffs. the blues were much much better than them, and they were swept? and suddenly smith is not playing as great? hey, its LA. they'll do anything in LA... nyahahaha.

LA has been getting a free pass. They have been playing well, yes, but they would not have beat our team that beat Chicago and Nashville last year. (Maybe SJ and possibly the one that lost to Boston)

If anything I am even more disgusted with our team seeing how we could have coasted all the way with a little effort.

Stop trying to make excuses, this team is supposed to be designed to win cups and if a team like LA can just rail over us, then the team is a failure, not LA being a win.

Agreed. Their is no way they would of beat Nashville or Boston from last year. Or any of those teams for that matter that we had to beat. It's been a walk in the park for them. I don't see one team pounding them into boards. Man when we played the Blackhawks, Predators, Sharks and Bruins we where half dead from all the hits we took. I have not seen that from any teams against La in this playoffs.

I don't know about pretty easy but i do know if we where in great health and the kings where in great health it would of been a great series and we would of had a great chance to come out of that series. That's why I say this year is a mulligan. Next year if we're healthy and continue to play great hockey, watch out.

Agreed. Their is no way they would of beat Nashville or Boston from last year. Or any of those teams for that matter that we had to beat. It's been a walk in the park for them. I don't see one team pounding them into boards. Man when we played the Blackhawks, Predators, Sharks and Bruins we where half dead from all the hits we took. I have not seen that from any teams against La in this playoffs.I think it's because the Canucks stir the pot too much and everyone wants to kick the crap out of us. By the Canucks doing that, it creates excitement from all the fans because they know it's going to be great hatefull hockey.No one really hates the Kings.

You can lose this EVER crap because they started reseeding the play off teams in the mid nineties so your ever status it's not like it has been 50 to 100 year.  The Leafs beat the number 1 and 2 seed to win the cup back in 48-49.  Wow looks like a last seeded team beat the top 2 seeds.

I don't know if you've just become a Canucks fan or not but all we've ever had is next year. Get use to it, it's not bs, it's just the way it is.Some teams never have "can't wait until next year" like the bluejackets or Islanders. At least we have next year.

I'm not saying the Kings haven't worked hard to get where they are... but this stanley cup playoffs is a little cheapened for me, because of the way the Kings are winning. they've barely... barely had any adversity to face. they have lost one measly game. Remember the ways we won last year? We had to find ways to win. The Kings have worked hard, but they have been gifted a few things as well. With injuries, luck and confidence. Against the Canucks - D.Sedin was out. I'm not saying we would've won anything, but its clear from game 4 and 5 that we could have made a series of it. Against the Blues - their number 1 goalie was injured. Against the Coyotes - I'm sorry who are they coyotes and why are they here?

I'm just gunna go ahead and say it, quoting the hunger games THE ODDS ARE IN THE KINGS FAVOUR.

They are making it look more than easy. And I'm bored with their winning ways. Frustrating as heck to see them plow through 1,2,3. And its got to be due to a combination of things. I see it like this

-8th seed "blessing" - they were fighting for their lives while other teams were set for days/weeks.

-a loss to end off the season - kings lost in OT to SJ in the last game of the reg season ..... motivation to put your work boots on

-health

-underachievement all regular season - never really found their game, so to beat the Canucks in the opening two games was huge = confidence boost

-injuries and suspensions - opponents they have not had to face on teams they faced. d.sedin, halak, torres. just one example from each team, but these players could have made a big difference.

All that said.... good job Kings. you've found a way. no, you blasted your way, some how through what are supppposed to be 3 rounds of grueling hockey. and made it look easy. and the rest of us are left to gawk.

People can't be blind to the black cloud that was over this team all season, it was always something, whether they were playing well or playing poorly, the tone of barely-contained panic and total irrational criticism throughout the fanbase was palpable. And to lose our leading scorer, because of Chicago, right before the playoffs...you could see something like that coming. It was bound to happen, if not that, then something similarly devastating. It's not even about LA...they've been terrific, caught fire at the right time, but really isn't it just right up the Canucks' alley this season, to get the first seed and then have to face a team like that? From the very beginning, before the season even started, I said if there isn't some serious change in our collective will as Canucks fans, if the atmosphere around the team doesn't change, things will go poorly.

Archived