Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

This Year Is A Mulligan. La Is Just On Fire!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
108 replies to this topic

#91 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

oh, and theres no mulligans in hockey... just in pick-up golf
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#92 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

I think you're on the wrong site. This site is for Canucks fans!

Right, now we know...you're one of those fans. So because I'm not jumping up and down waving pom pom's saying how great this team is and how wonderful everything is I'm not a fan? LOL! I've been a fan of this team longer than you've lived on this earth...so spare me.

Edited by MJDDawg, 19 May 2012 - 08:24 AM.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#93 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

Right, now we know...you're one of those fans. So because I'm not jumping up and down waving pom pom's saying how great this team is and how wonderful everything is I'm not a fan? LOL!  I've been a fan of this team  longer than you've lived on this earth...so spare me.

So we know each other now? I have no clue how old you are and you have no idea how old I am. So i'm not going to get in a pissing match with you of i've been a fan longer than you have. My 5 year old talks likes this. LMAO.Your pom pom's are in the mail. LOL. Enjoy next season. I hope they prove you and all the negative people wrong. I also hope Gillis makes some good moves and not another Hodgson for Kassian move.

#94 Max-a-Million

Max-a-Million

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

It's frustrating to read the comments about Luongo and Daniel (play and not playing) causing the Canucks to lose the series against LA. Not the case at all.

The Canucks were outcoached, they were not ready for LA and they didn't show up until it was too late. There was an air of entitlement "we're the best in the league, 2 years running" which translated in lack lustre play in game 1 and 2.

Gillis has some work to do if he wants to turn this team into a Cup winner. We need scoring. Relying on a playgirl model to win games obviously doesn't work. Taking Burrows off of the Sedin line???? HUH. Keeping no-show Raymond on the ice????

Sorry folks, as much as I like him, AV has got to go. He's gone stale.

I spend half my money on Wine, Women and Song.
The other half I waste!

#95 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

I used to gripe about defensive teams taking over the game and how the dead puck era is back, but now that I'm done sulking about our loss I can see objectively that the Kings are not some ultra defensive boring team. If you watch them, you'll see that in fact they attack quite aggressively and they're not a boring team at all. Even though they've maintained a strong defensive system under Sutter, it appears as if Sutter has taken the reins off his players, so to speak, and exploiting his more skilled players' talents. Guys like Kopitar, Brown and Richards are playing to their capabilities and bottom 6 guys like Stoll and King are providing good secondary offense.

I don't feel nearly as bad about losing to the Kings. Let's face it, they're a damn good team. They've got the stud goalie in Quick, they've got a rock solid defense complete with a legitimate #1 in Doughty along with stable defensive vets like Mitchell and Scuderi, and they've got the top end talent up front in Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Brown and Williams and a whole slew of effective, physical two way players throughout the lineup. They're quite the complete team and the only reason they're taking anyone by surprise is because as a team they majorly underachieved for the last 2 seasons. The Canucks probably still should have been able to beat them but they are a well oiled machine right now and when you have a team coming together nicely like that in the playoffs, seeds just don't matter.

#96 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

Lastly, I'm actually happy for the Kings. For a franchise that has actually been in existence longer than the Canucks - they were part of the 6-team expansion in 1967 - and only has one SCF appearance and, nevermind that, only ONE division championship to their name, this run is huge for them. I have to admit, though, I'll feel a tad bitter if they actually win it all. Shoulda been us last year.

Edited by NuxFan09, 19 May 2012 - 09:15 AM.

#97 DreamHerO

DreamHerO

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

I hear the Kings got lessons from Hollywood for diving.
Posted Image

#98 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

You mean Ryan "Hollywood" Kesler? :P

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#99 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#100 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

Don't take it that wrong way but that's the loser way of thinking. Be positive and positive things happen. Succesfull people don't go around thinking "if it happens it happens". It will happen.

no, the phrase "there's always next year" is the loser way of thinking. because you have to lose to be saying that.

#101 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Right, now we know...you're one of those fans. So because I'm not jumping up and down waving pom pom's saying how great this team is and how wonderful everything is I'm not a fan? LOL! I've been a fan of this team longer than you've lived on this earth...so spare me.

lol this

i love how people that think just because you aren't calling the canucks the best team in the league then you aren't a "real fan" when in fact they aren't the real fans because they're completely delusional, the canucks are obviously not the best team in the league. if we were we'd still be playing.

WOOO LOST IN 5 GAMES IN THE FIRST ROUND WOOO!!!! that better?

Edited by Tm085, 19 May 2012 - 06:51 PM.

#102 !

!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

We could of had a chance.

could have, noob

Posted Image

#103 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

lol this

i love how people that think just because you aren't calling the canucks the best team in the league then you aren't a "real fan" when in fact they aren't the real fans because they're completely delusional, the canucks are obviously not the best team in the league. if we were we'd still be playing.

WOOO LOST IN 5 GAMES IN THE FIRST ROUND WOOO!!!! that better?

it'd be even better if you gloated about 2 straight President's Trophies! Those really matter!

Edited by Hodgson the Gorgeous Baby, 19 May 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#104 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

it'd be even better if you gloated about 2 straight President's Trophies! Those really matter!

oh for sure, who cares about that big silver cup they give out at the end of the playoffs :emot-parrot:

#105 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:44 AM

We never got started till it was too late.

With some teams we could have pulled it back but as we can now see from the Kings results, we were never going to peg them back.
This is the lesson I posted the thread on before Christmas. You just can't turn it on like a tap. Winners are focussed for every game like every game is a cup final..........they always start a t a high tempo, no matter who they are playing.

Does anyone seriously think the Canucks would have played the Kings like they did if they could see them now? NO, they would have played them like they played Boston, Detroit, NYR and they would have won the series.

That is what was so annoying about the defeat, the knowledge that we underestimated a team when we should have been ruthless like true SC finalists.
Kevin.jpg

#106 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

We've scored more goals than anyone else has on LA (8 goals) and we won one game. Imagine if Daniel played every game and Schneider started the first 2 games. We could of had a chance.
LA is just dominating everyone. It makes me want to throw up.

Wow, daniel played in game 5 and shnides was in net....lol and we lost The D sucked as usual and no one would step up and play while Dsedin was out. Shnides softy over his shoulder is a sign that he has a weakness too.

#107 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

no, the phrase "there's always next year" is the loser way of thinking. because you have to lose to be saying that.

I don't recall saying there's always next year. I've never sayed that in my life. I'm looking forward to see what's going to happen this offseason. BIG difference between the 2.

#108 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

We never got started till it was too late.

With some teams we could have pulled it back but as we can now see from the Kings results, we were never going to peg them back.
This is the lesson I posted the thread on before Christmas. You just can't turn it on like a tap. Winners are focussed for every game like every game is a cup final..........they always start a t a high tempo, no matter who they are playing.

Does anyone seriously think the Canucks would have played the Kings like they did if they could see them now? NO, they would have played them like they played Boston, Detroit, NYR and they would have won the series.

That is what was so annoying about the defeat, the knowledge that we underestimated a team when we should have been ruthless like true SC finalists.

I couldn't agree more with you and who's fault is it? I'd have to blame the coach. He has to get his guys ready. Sutter has done an amazing job and in my opinion with out Sutter, the kings aren't where they are now.

#109 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

Wow, daniel played in game 5 and shnides was in net....lol and we lost The D sucked as usual and no one would step up and play while Dsedin was out. Shnides softy over his shoulder is a sign that he has a weakness too.

I think Vigneault made the mistake of not letting Henrik, Burrows and Lappiere play together. Lappiere looked like a star when he played with Henrik.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.