The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation(?)]Av Has Lunch With Habs Gm Marc Bergevin

The NHL has outlawed compensation so could Alain Vigneault jump ship as head coach of the Vancouver Canucks to become the head coach for the Montreal Canadiens?

But I guess if his heart's not here, the Canucks will have to release him?

The NHL has outlawed compensation so could Alain Vigneault jump ship as head coach of the Vancouver Canucks to become the head coach for the Montreal Canadiens?

But I guess if his heart's not here, the Canucks will have to release him?

Kind of fishy that you've got one guy who just got the GM position and is looking for a new coach, and another guy with ties to Montreal that has had his contract extension delayed for some mysterious reason.

I'm sure they are old friends, it's just the timing of it is kind of strange considering the circumstances.

Perhaps Gillis gave him permission to explore his options in Montreal?

Be careful what you wish for.

Everyone just assumes a coaching change would automatically makes us better, when it doesn't always work that way. In fact I'd say there's more of a chance that we get worse.

A good coach is hard to find, and even if you get a good one, sometimes they don't fit into certain places. That's why we see so much coaching turnover year after year. Just look at Hitchcock. Jack Adams favorite in most fans eyes, and then his team gets swept in the second round.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. At least we know what we have with AV.

Archived