The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation(?)]Av Has Lunch With Habs Gm Marc Bergevin

I find it to be kindof hilarious that Montreal would gladly take back the coach they fired a few years ago because that coach had the Sedins at his disposal on his new team. But primarily because he speaks French. (The great Toe Blake learned french on the job.) In the end they should've just kept Jacques Martin. Esp. when the GM was going to be fired anyway. But i suppose new GM, new coach.

The Gillis/AV relationship has been fine up until now. But perhaps AV would rather us becoming a 100% trapping team again because that's what's successful today, while Gillis sees the potential rebound back to offense next season by the league and would like to continue down that road.

The question for Gillis is who does he consider an upgrade? Chances are if AV goes then MacT will step in, because he's already aware of the system. Another guy out there who knows the system is Scott Arniel. The other question of course is about the system itself. imo It needs to be modified a bit since opponents have largely figure it out. Cheers.

TOML

I find it to be kindof hilarious that Montreal would gladly take back the coach they fired a few years ago because that coach had the Sedins at his disposal on his new team. But primarily because he speaks French. (The great Toe Blake learned french on the job.) In the end they should've just kept Jacques Martin. Esp. when the GM was going to be fired anyway. But i suppose new GM, new coach.

The Gillis/AV relationship has been fine up until now. But perhaps AV would rather us becoming a 100% trapping team again because that's what's successful today, while Gillis sees the potential rebound back to offense next season by the league and would like to continue down that road.

The question for Gillis is who does he consider an upgrade? Chances are if AV goes then MacT will step in, because he's already aware of the system. Another guy out there who knows the system is Scott Arniel. The other question of course is about the system itself. imo It needs to be modified a bit since opponents have largely figure it out. Cheers.

TOML

More importantly, where did they go?

If they went for a Triple-O burger, it could have meant that AV was second guessing his contract extension.

If they went to Cactus Club, if could mean that AV was thinking about signing with the Habs and somehow talking Schneider with him.

Archived