The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Do You Comfort Someone When They're Down?

MashedBananas

Tell her that she's a continuing source of inspiration in your life and that you're there for whatever her heart is feeling so she can let it all out. :) be there for her, girls just need to know that someone cares. And definitely NO to the ecstasy...that kinda dancing can't be good for anyone's knee lol

Guest BuckFoston

You wouldn't believe (but I know you already do so this is only a figure of speech) how true the bolded is.

I've just been hit with a very very heavy dose of reality and honestly, I learned something huge today. We are damned lucky that we are living in Canada. Nothing that we suffer now is ANYTHING remotely similar to what many people face around the world. I'm talking about life and death situations and how, for some people, a life is so damned valueless.

You wouldn't believe (but I know you already do so this is only a figure of speech) how true the bolded is.

I've just been hit with a very very heavy dose of reality and honestly, I learned something huge today. We are damned lucky that we are living in Canada. Nothing that we suffer now is ANYTHING remotely similar to what many people face around the world. I'm talking about life and death situations and how, for some people, a life is so damned valueless.

She should do what I did last year ...

Two weeks of volunteer work in a 3rd world country. Thailand near the Burma border. See some people with REAL problems. Legs blown off by land mines, kids eating out of the garbage or with nothing to eat at all, slash/burn/rape/pillage style ethnic cleansing by the Burmese military, children recruited for the sex trade ...

In fact, be thankful that we live in a country where one can actually get their knee fixed.

Perspective.

Poor girl.

I've got patella femoral syndrome in both my knees, as well as mild arthritis, and I just broke up with the girl I was living with for a year.

I guess if she's really that down, tell her to sleep around.

or tell her to visit Somolia for some real insight on what being sad is about.

http://www.flickr.co...ock/2896428092/

And I mean that honestly.

Whenever I'm down I look at how much better off we are than the rest of the world, and I remember everything's going to be OOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Who wants to bet that this guy will develop a huge crush on her by the end of this?

Then it goes two ways:

1. He tells her how he feels and she responds with "You're like a brother to me! We've been through so much, I don't see you like that." And then he becomes depressed.

2. He never tells her how he feels and will forever hate any future boyfriend she has. And wonders why she puts up with such jerks, when theres a nice guy like him ready to date her.

I'm going with option #2.

P.S. theres nothing worse than being a girls emotional tampon, even if she is your "bestfriend"

Who wants to bet that this guy will develop a huge crush on her by the end of this?

Then it goes two ways:

1. He tells her how he feels and she responds with "You're like a brother to me! We've been through so much, I don't see you like that." And then he becomes depressed.

2. He never tells her how he feels and will forever hate any future boyfriend she has. And wonders why she puts up with such jerks, when theres a nice guy like him ready to date her.

I'm going with option #2.

P.S. theres nothing worse than being a girls emotional tampon, even if she is your "bestfriend"

Just about every answer on here deserves a facepalm - sigh...

How Do You Comfort Someone When They're Down? Just be a good listener...

People have different kinds of stress and at different times...

Something that may seem trivial to you may be bothering them a lot.

Yours is not to reason why...

Archived