The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Or Jensen

Southpop45

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hansen to the fourth line? Please tell me you're joking.

Burrows will be back home with the Sedins, Hansen will be on the third line and I believe Pinizotto will win the spot on the fourth. IMO the only way Kassian plays on a regular basis is if Hansen continues to improve his offensive abilities and wins a promotion to the second line, leaving the third line position available for Kassian (although those are some mighty big shoes to fill). If we sign a second line right-winger then Kassian's only hope is to fight for a spot on the fourth, and considering his competition, I don't know if he will make it.

Jensen won't make the club unless he is a smoke show at camp or some holes are opened up for him via trade or injury.

The camp will ultimately tell us who makes the starting line-up.

Kassian will be given the chance at least. Jensen should dominate AHL first and get a call up.

More intriguing question is: will Schroeder be able to fill Kesler's void in the beginning of the season? The last thing we need is for Kesler to rush a return again. We need a second line centre... Kassian better turn into gold or else that Hodgson trade is looking real dumb...

I really want to see the Canucks dress a skilled young 3rd line like Philly did a times in the season. I'd like to see

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Kassian-Schroeder-Hansen

Lappiere-Malhotra-Pinnizotto

Ideally MG can flip Luongo into a big young 3rd line center (Joe Colborne) to replace Schroeder.

Well, since Kesler is likely out until November we might get a decent look at both.

Realistically, we have no clue until after free agency, but to start the season we COULD see:

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Higgins Burrows

Hansen Schroeder Jensen

With AV as our coach this line up would dissolve quickly, but if MacT came in the kids would get to play.

I like Jensen better than Kassian, and I'd like to see them each get a chance at the NHL this season if they are ready.

Jensen DOESN'T need to go back to junior at all. That's a waste of a year of development.

If anything burn a year off his ELC and put him in Chicago, cause then he can be called up in case of a top 6 injury.

Schroeder will hopefully spend the whole year with the nucks. I hope he is ready.

A lot will depend on who comes to Vancouver when MG trades either Luongo or Schneider...that will define which prospects have room on the team. If Raymond goes in a package, a rookie might get a shot....likely Kassian.There is also the players that MG aquired last year, Duco, Pinizzotto, Weiss as well as Jensen and Kassian to battle the forward spots. Volpatti is still in the running as well...who knows, maybe Reinpretch will grab the spot while Kesler is out.

Depending on whether a dman like Ballard gets moved to free up cap space, maybe one of the dmen from Chicago will get a chance to play a few games. The ist part of the season might be shared between Connaughton and Sauve for example....10 games each. This would free up more cap space.

Jensen may get a look but he will most likely be heading back to the OHL. He has the hands but he is going to have to be patient and be ready when he does get the call.....maybe a few games again next year and then sent to the AHL.

The cap management as well as the needs of the team will play a huge part in what transpires....MG has his work cut out for him.

A lot will depend on who comes to Vancouver when MG trades either Luongo or Schneider...that will define which prospects have room on the team. If Raymond goes in a package, a rookie might get a shot....likely Kassian.There is also the players that MG aquired last year, Duco, Pinzzotto, Weiss as well as Jensen and Kassian to battle the forward spots.

Depending on whether a dman like Ballard gets moved to free up cap space, maybe one of the dmen from Chicago will get a chance to play a few games. The ist part of the season might be shared between Connaughton and Sauve for example....10 games each. This would free up more cap space.

Jensen may get a look but he will most likely be heading back to the OHL. He has the hands but he is going to have to be patient and be ready when he does get the call.....maybe a few games again next year and then sent to the AHL.

Archived