Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southpop45

Kassian Or Jensen

238 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming no one comes via free agency, and booth and burrows stay in the top six which of these two players will get the final top six spot?

• Kassian ( Jensen will be sent down to junior )
    • Jensen ( Kassian will be sent to the AHL )
    • Too early to tell ( comes down to whoever has the best training camp )
    • Neither ( both will not make the team )

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

158 posts in this topic

Yeah, Kassian is likely getting some serious summer training in.

I remember the year Kesler came back and looked like a different player after training like a crazy man.

MG is probably throwing a lot of money in to his development, because he needs to make something out of Kassian.

Hodgson can't have been lost for a bottom 6 type guy, and MG is probably spending as much money as its gonna take to make sure he got what he paid for.

I am hoping Jensen gets some games at the beginning of the season, and then goes to the AHL instead of back to juniors. I think he is ready to play against men, and it would be nice to be able to call him up in case of injury.

I wonder if Jensen can successfully adjust to left wing this year, seeing as how he shoots left.

It might get him into the Canucks' good books if he can pull it off, and eventually, he and Kassian may form a line with Schroeder.

I am hoping Jensen gets some games at the beginning of the season, and then goes to the AHL instead of back to juniors. I think he is ready to play against men, and it would be nice to be able to call him up in case of injury.

Ok, I just figured since the OP asked "who should be in the top 6".

I just don't think Jensen is NHL ready (or even really that close) and I think Kassian would benefit from some AHL seasoning (going from Junior-AHL-NHL all in one season is a big jump..

Kassian's body is probably a lot more physically ready, but Jensen's game appears to be.

And in saying that, Kass copped a lot of criticism for not quite being in shape. So while his body may be closer to having grown into his frame, a 21 (not 19 year old) trying to crack a roster should be in elite fitness. It makes you wonder whether he is, or is ever, going to be mentally ready? So do they let him play himself into shape, and make use of his 215 lb body on the 4th line to beat people now and again? It's this that makes me think he chould battle some more in the AHL, unless he surprises all with his condition at camp. But if the team needs such bodies, and we do, I disagree that we might not see Kassian spend a year or so on the 4th line.

I also disagree that Kassian makes more sense with the Twins play style wise. Jensen is more likely to be able to pass, give and go, cycle and make plays, a natural compliment to the Twins. And while he can make plays, he is not a pure play maker that the Kesler line is missing. But a key advantage Kassian does have, is that he is a natural RW. Ultimately, the fact there is no complete natural fit of play style and position is the best argument to groom either at lower levels until we have an ideal role.

Considering Kassian is already NHL ready im gnna say him. Hes not top 6 ready but he just needs to get more familiar with everything. I think he'll get it

I really hope Kassian can progress enough over the summer to get a shot.

Jensen has no chance unless he gets a hattrick every game in pre-season. AV rules. Another year of junior probably does him good anyway. He should be one of the biggest guys in the league.

I do think AV could and maybe should roll Jensen on the 3rd or 4th if he's ready.

Yeah he was an AHL All-Star but realistically whats going to be better for him? Playing 20 minutes a game in Chicago and developing slowly, or bringing him onto a team where hes likely going to be playing 10 minutes a game mostly alongside Malhotra?

Given the choice between using Jensen or Kassian, both very highly rated prospects), I think AV will choose Larierre, while Kassian and Jensen alternate watching from the press box and watching from the bench while getting 4 minutes a game and being berated by AV to the media about their "compete level".

Here is the bottom line: effort

Both could make it.

Kassian floated through too many games last year, he needs to get more mature and take his game to a professional 100% effort level and he will rock. That's a big if... We saw him in first few games when the effort was there, then he couldn't maintain the effort level - no one can, but he dropped too low on the effort scale the rest of the way

Jensen is more of an unknown, but probably effort level will determine his location

IMO, give both of them another year in the AHL and sign some tough guy/4th liner for a year or so.

I would not disagree with you Gollumpus, but I am hoping some comments by MG signal a change in philosophy. MG stated we had to get younger and bigger.

My own opinions include the need for young legs and enthusiasm. A guy who still believes he can burst around a defender like in junior sometimes can. Too much time in the minors can also teach you to forget your natural talents. Jensen was doing that last year at camp, and its why AV was excited. There is also room to argue that a guy needs a crack to try, and if he can pull it off, keep letting him. It's how you find the true beauties!

Both! There's room for more than one solid prospect on this roster, a lot of guys in the bottom six forwards aren't gonna be back most likely.

Kassian's body is probably a lot more physically ready, but Jensen's game appears to be.

And in saying that, Kass copped a lot of criticism for not quite being in shape. So while his body may be closer to having grown into his frame, a 21 (not 19 year old) trying to crack a roster should be in elite fitness. It makes you wonder whether he is, or is ever, going to be mentally ready?

I like Jensen a lot more, since he was drafted (before the pre-season hype).

Kassian will get a spoton this team, Gillis will look bad if Kassian is sent down to the minors.

I wouldn't mind seeing both of them on the team. One of the 2nd the other on the 3rd (slide Hansen to the 4th).

Both, hopefully someday we'll have

Jensen-Schroeder-Kassian

As our top line. It isn't unusual to see two power forwards in one line.

Clowe-Pavelski-Setoguchi

Lucic-Krejci-Horton

Very similar, except we need that one stud centre... Just if we can get Hodgson back without losing either of em.

Because Couturier is NHL ready and Jensen isnt...

Kassian needs to play in the nhl and be ready for next year's playoffs, we can't send him back to the ahl, the best way for him to develop is playing in the NHl right now,look at how kesler and burrows developed playing on 3rd and 4th line roles when they first made the jump to the nhl, I'm just saying that kassian looks pretty good to me, does the little things right, Uses his size and strengh, goes to the corners, protects the puck well and is ready to play in the nhl even if it's 3rd or 4th line roles for now, you can't expect him to make an immediate impact playing on a new team and their team's system, even jensen and schroeder should be getting some nhl games in this season , i think we should take a page out LA Kings, NY Rangers...and New Jersey Devils......because all their rookies and young studs, are playing better than exceptional hockey right now on the biggest stage in the playoffs, Dwight King, Jordan Nolan, Chris Kreider, Carl Hagelin, Adam Henrique,Slave Voynov,Adam Larson, Can't forget the Flyers rookies Brayden Schenn, Sean Courtier, Matt Read, who were lighting it up for Philly, experience and veteran leadership is good to have, but Vancouver have plenty, They need to get some of their young guys ready and develop them right now in the nhl, not in the minors

IMO, give both of them another year in the AHL and sign some tough guy/4th liner for a year or so.

Because having 2 rookies in your top 6 is a surefire recipe for success...

How so bud? Both are around the same weight and height so you can't say one is more physically ready than the other. Couturier was given his 9 games and he shined so who are you to say Jensen can't do the same?