Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Kassian Or Jensen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
157 replies to this topic

Poll: Kassian Or Jensen (238 member(s) have cast votes)

Assuming no one comes via free agency, and booth and burrows stay in the top six which of these two players will get the final top six spot?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, Kassian is likely getting some serious summer training in.

I remember the year Kesler came back and looked like a different player after training like a crazy man.

MG is probably throwing a lot of money in to his development, because he needs to make something out of Kassian.

Hodgson can't have been lost for a bottom 6 type guy, and MG is probably spending as much money as its gonna take to make sure he got what he paid for.

I am hoping Jensen gets some games at the beginning of the season, and then goes to the AHL instead of back to juniors. I think he is ready to play against men, and it would be nice to be able to call him up in case of injury.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#62 Neil HD

Neil HD

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

I wonder if Jensen can successfully adjust to left wing this year, seeing as how he shoots left.

It might get him into the Canucks' good books if he can pull it off, and eventually, he and Kassian may form a line with Schroeder.

#63 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,054 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

I am hoping Jensen gets some games at the beginning of the season, and then goes to the AHL instead of back to juniors. I think he is ready to play against men, and it would be nice to be able to call him up in case of injury.

He's not able to play in the AHL next season since he's not 20.

Which is why, if the coaches feel that he's close they're more likely to keep him up in the bigs then send him down to juniors where he wouldn't be challenged at all.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#64 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 26,054 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

Ok, I just figured since the OP asked "who should be in the top 6".

I just don't think Jensen is NHL ready (or even really that close) and I think Kassian would benefit from some AHL seasoning (going from Junior-AHL-NHL all in one season is a big jump..

Well after Hodgson's stint in the AHL nobody thought he was gonna make the team either.

Jensen has some clear advantages that will alow him to make the NHL quicker than Hodgson or Schroeder did, and that`s his size and speed. The only thing left that he has to show the coaching staff is that he can be relied upon defensively too.

I just think that Jensen brings a unique package that this team has been wanting for a long time. Of course this summer of training for him will determine everything though.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#65 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,234 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

Kassian's body is probably a lot more physically ready, but Jensen's game appears to be.

And in saying that, Kass copped a lot of criticism for not quite being in shape. So while his body may be closer to having grown into his frame, a 21 (not 19 year old) trying to crack a roster should be in elite fitness. It makes you wonder whether he is, or is ever, going to be mentally ready? So do they let him play himself into shape, and make use of his 215 lb body on the 4th line to beat people now and again? It's this that makes me think he chould battle some more in the AHL, unless he surprises all with his condition at camp. But if the team needs such bodies, and we do, I disagree that we might not see Kassian spend a year or so on the 4th line.

I also disagree that Kassian makes more sense with the Twins play style wise. Jensen is more likely to be able to pass, give and go, cycle and make plays, a natural compliment to the Twins. And while he can make plays, he is not a pure play maker that the Kesler line is missing. But a key advantage Kassian does have, is that he is a natural RW. Ultimately, the fact there is no complete natural fit of play style and position is the best argument to groom either at lower levels until we have an ideal role.

Considering Kassian is already NHL ready im gnna say him. Hes not top 6 ready but he just needs to get more familiar with everything. I think he'll get it

It looks here like Kassian got free and was ready to beat Martin. But there is no Mike Tyson or Lucic comparison to be drawn from Kassian as a fighter. Duck your head, let em fly and hope???

If either Kassian or Jensen make the team next season they will be playing top six minutes. Kassian will
not develop playing 4th line minutes and there is no way Jensen will be brought up to play an 8 min a
night crash and bang role. Yes, we all know AV hates playing young players but after what happened with the whole Hodgson thing Gillis will definetly have talk with AV about letting the younger guys plays. Yes they will make mistakes playing that many minutes but learning from mistakes is how young guys develop. AV needs to understand that we have enough vetrans and leaders on the team to make up for the youngs guys' mistakes or at least soften the blow of them.

Zack Kassian - While both players are considered big power forwards who are roughly the same size and weight, they both play a different style of play. Kassian is being groomed to be a Milan Lucic stlye power forward. A guy who has skill and good hands but relys more on his size, strength and aggressivness to literally force the puck in the net. Most of the goals Kassian will get will come from screening the goalie, tapping in rebounds, and deflecting shots, as well as wrist shots and sla. shots that focus more on power and speed rather than accuarcy. He is the ideal player to put with the Sedins IF he is ready. This offseason, training camp, pre-season, and for proably the first few games of the season he will get every chance tp prove he can play with Danny and Hank. In the end I think that Kassian gets the last top six spot but is playing on Kes' line.

Nicklas Jensen - While both players are considered big power forwards who are roughly the same size and weight, they both play a different style of play. Jensen is being groomed to be more a Bobby Ryan or Rick Nash type power forward. A guy who does have size and strength but relys more on his skill to finesse the puck in. Most of the goals Jensen will score will be by deking the puck into the the net or using his accurate shot to snipe the puck in. He has also been reaved for his elite playmaking abilities, a trait that could well suite him on Kesler's lines feeding him and David Booth. However another year of junior would not hurt his development at all, the only way i see Jesen making the team is if he absolutly astounds at traing camp, pre-season and the seven regular seasons games he may or may not get. As well Kassian will have to have a bad traing camp, pre-season, and do next to nothing in the first few regular season games. In the end I think Jensen will go back down for another year of junior.

What do you guys think?

Not that it's a major difference, but Jensen is a natural LW and Hansen a right wing.

I would like to see both while Kesler is out, but of course he is a a centre, so that more likely creates opportunity for Schroeder.

Well, since Kesler is likely out until November we might get a decent look at both.

Realistically, we have no clue until after free agency, but to start the season we COULD see:

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Higgins Burrows
Hansen Schroeder Jensen

With AV as our coach this line up would dissolve quickly, but if MacT came in the kids would get to play.

I like Jensen better than Kassian, and I'd like to see them each get a chance at the NHL this season if they are ready.

Jensen DOESN'T need to go back to junior at all. That's a waste of a year of development.

If anything burn a year off his ELC and put him in Chicago, cause then he can be called up in case of a top 6 injury.

Schroeder will hopefully spend the whole year with the nucks. I hope he is ready.

I would not disagree with you Gollumpus, but I am hoping some comments by MG signal a change in philosophy. MG stated we had to get younger and bigger.

My own opinions include the need for young legs and enthusiasm. A guy who still believes he can burst around a defender like in junior sometimes can. Too much time in the minors can also teach you to forget your natural talents. Jensen was doing that last year at camp, and its why AV was excited. There is also room to argue that a guy needs a crack to try, and if he can pull it off, keep letting him. It's how you find the true beauties!

I see no reason to rush either of these guys into the NHL. Both will get here.

At times, when I read threads like this, I think some people are experiencing rookie envy. They look over at other teams like Edmonton or Colorado and the like who have these elite prospects playing very well in the NHL and they want to have one too.

Be patient, X-Mas is coming and the big fat man will hand over lots of presents. And if it isn't Burke that the Canucks do a trade with then it will be Yzerman. Either way, good players are coming who will even further reduce the need to rush prospects like Kassian or Jensen.

regards,
G.

#66 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

I really hope Kassian can progress enough over the summer to get a shot.

Jensen has no chance unless he gets a hattrick every game in pre-season. AV rules. Another year of junior probably does him good anyway. He should be one of the biggest guys in the league.

I do think AV could and maybe should roll Jensen on the 3rd or 4th if he's ready.

Edited by Dogbyte, 19 May 2012 - 06:00 PM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#67 Sedinery22

Sedinery22

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Yeah he was an AHL All-Star but realistically whats going to be better for him? Playing 20 minutes a game in Chicago and developing slowly, or bringing him onto a team where hes likely going to be playing 10 minutes a game mostly alongside Malhotra?

Kassian needs to play in the nhl and be ready for next year's playoffs, we can't send him back to the ahl, the best way for him to develop is playing in the NHl right now,look at how kesler and burrows developed playing on 3rd and 4th line roles when they first made the jump to the nhl, I'm just saying that kassian looks pretty good to me, does the little things right, Uses his size and strengh, goes to the corners, protects the puck well and is ready to play in the nhl even if it's 3rd or 4th line roles for now, you can't expect him to make an immediate impact playing on a new team and their team's system, even jensen and schroeder should be getting some nhl games in this season , i think we should take a page out LA Kings, NY Rangers...and New Jersey Devils......because all their rookies and young studs, are playing better than exceptional hockey right now on the biggest stage in the playoffs, Dwight King, Jordan Nolan, Chris Kreider, Carl Hagelin, Adam Henrique,Slave Voynov,Adam Larson, Can't forget the Flyers rookies Brayden Schenn, Sean Courtier, Matt Read, who were lighting it up for Philly, experience and veteran leadership is good to have, but Vancouver have plenty, They need to get some of their young guys ready and develop them right now in the nhl, not in the minors

#68 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

Given the choice between using Jensen or Kassian, both very highly rated prospects), I think AV will choose Larierre, while Kassian and Jensen alternate watching from the press box and watching from the bench while getting 4 minutes a game and being berated by AV to the media about their "compete level".

#69 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

Here is the bottom line: effort

Both could make it.

Kassian floated through too many games last year, he needs to get more mature and take his game to a professional 100% effort level and he will rock. That's a big if... We saw him in first few games when the effort was there, then he couldn't maintain the effort level - no one can, but he dropped too low on the effort scale the rest of the way

Jensen is more of an unknown, but probably effort level will determine his location

#70 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 80,747 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

IMO, give both of them another year in the AHL and sign some tough guy/4th liner for a year or so.

307mg00.jpg

#71 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

I would not disagree with you Gollumpus, but I am hoping some comments by MG signal a change in philosophy. MG stated we had to get younger and bigger.

My own opinions include the need for young legs and enthusiasm. A guy who still believes he can burst around a defender like in junior sometimes can. Too much time in the minors can also teach you to forget your natural talents. Jensen was doing that last year at camp, and its why AV was excited. There is also room to argue that a guy needs a crack to try, and if he can pull it off, keep letting him. It's how you find the true beauties!

Meh, go ahead and disagree with me, everyone else does. :P

I'd have no problem with any of these young prospects being on the team, if they earned the position with their play and they were the obvious choice to fill that particular role. What has me doubting that they can make it this year is the guys already ahead of them on the depth chart and the potential for new guys arriving in the assumed goalie trade or from free agency.

If the right wingers to choose from are, Burrows, Hansen and maybe even Higgins (assuming the 2nd and 4th are to be filled), and Gillis does land a guy like Purcell in a trade I am going to assume that Purcell is the new top-6 right winger. This leaves only 4th line minutes which I don't see being that useful in helping these guys to develop.

If we assume Sedin, Booth and Higgins are the top-9 left wingers, then there's not a lot of ice time on that side either.

About the only way either of these two guys get moved up here for top-9 minutes is if Gillis trades one of the guys already here. If we assume that a trade does occur then Booth might be the logical candidate to be moved. Gillis would also have to not take back a winger in the trade. This would permit space for both Jensen and Kassian.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#72 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

Both! There's room for more than one solid prospect on this roster, a lot of guys in the bottom six forwards aren't gonna be back most likely.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#73 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

Kassian's body is probably a lot more physically ready, but Jensen's game appears to be.

And in saying that, Kass copped a lot of criticism for not quite being in shape. So while his body may be closer to having grown into his frame, a 21 (not 19 year old) trying to crack a roster should be in elite fitness. It makes you wonder whether he is, or is ever, going to be mentally ready?

I think a lot of that had to do with him never getting a full season in the AHL.

I mean he went from playing in the OHL, to playing on 3 different professional teams last year (Rochester, Buffalo, Vancouver).

I think with him getting a full offseason with a professional organization, as well as a full training camp in Vancouver will help out a lot.

I still think Jensen gets a full season in Oshawa and Kassian starts the year on the Wolves.

#74 2009cupchamps

2009cupchamps

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

I like Jensen a lot more, since he was drafted (before the pre-season hype).

Kassian will get a spoton this team, Gillis will look bad if Kassian is sent down to the minors.

I wouldn't mind seeing both of them on the team. One of the 2nd the other on the 3rd (slide Hansen to the 4th).

Bingo we have a winner.

#75 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,811 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

Both, hopefully someday we'll have

Jensen-Schroeder-Kassian

As our top line. It isn't unusual to see two power forwards in one line.

Clowe-Pavelski-Setoguchi
Lucic-Krejci-Horton

Very similar, except we need that one stud centre... Just if we can get Hodgson back without losing either of em.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#76 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

Because Couturier is NHL ready and Jensen isnt...

How so bud? Both are around the same weight and height so you can't say one is more physically ready than the other. Couturier was given his 9 games and he shined so who are you to say Jensen can't do the same?

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

#77 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

Kassian needs to play in the nhl and be ready for next year's playoffs, we can't send him back to the ahl, the best way for him to develop is playing in the NHl right now,look at how kesler and burrows developed playing on 3rd and 4th line roles when they first made the jump to the nhl, I'm just saying that kassian looks pretty good to me, does the little things right, Uses his size and strengh, goes to the corners, protects the puck well and is ready to play in the nhl even if it's 3rd or 4th line roles for now, you can't expect him to make an immediate impact playing on a new team and their team's system, even jensen and schroeder should be getting some nhl games in this season , i think we should take a page out LA Kings, NY Rangers...and New Jersey Devils......because all their rookies and young studs, are playing better than exceptional hockey right now on the biggest stage in the playoffs, Dwight King, Jordan Nolan, Chris Kreider, Carl Hagelin, Adam Henrique,Slave Voynov,Adam Larson, Can't forget the Flyers rookies Brayden Schenn, Sean Courtier, Matt Read, who were lighting it up for Philly, experience and veteran leadership is good to have, but Vancouver have plenty, They need to get some of their young guys ready and develop them right now in the nhl, not in the minors

(might wanna paragraph that badboy next time)

Burrows and Kesler both played over 100 games in the AHL. Kassian has 30. No point bringing him in to fill Dale Weise role when he can be playing 20 minutes a game for the Wolves.

Jensen either plays in the NHL or Oshawa...can't really just sprinkle him a few games here and there.
Schroeder will likely get some call ups this season.

Schenn, Couturier, and Larsson all are a different level prospect than Jensen...they are pretty elite prospects whereas Jensen was a late 1st rounder...

Do you think that Jensen/Kassian are ready to be 50 point players like Henrique? Read is 26 years old, King is 2 years older than Kassian (4 more than Jensen), Nolan is 2 years older than Kassian, Hagelin is 3 years older,

These guys were all groomed until they were ready for the NHL... yes they are rookies but they have paid their dues in the AHL/College

#78 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

IMO, give both of them another year in the AHL and sign some tough guy/4th liner for a year or so.

Jensen can't play in the AHL next year.

But I agree.... I would rather bring in someone like Prust to play on the 4th line and let Kassian develop

#79 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

Because having 2 rookies in your top 6 is a surefire recipe for success...

Why wouldn't it work. The last several years we've had 0 rookies in our top six and last I checked we still have no cup. Time to shake it up and stop giving the vets a free pass.

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

#80 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

How so bud? Both are around the same weight and height so you can't say one is more physically ready than the other. Couturier was given his 9 games and he shined so who are you to say Jensen can't do the same?

Well in their draft year (despite being picked 21 spots ahead of Jensen) Couturier was putting up a 1.7 PPG pace, whereas Jensen played a PPG pace.

Couturier is just all around the better prospect, theres no denying it.

Also from that draft only picks 1,2,4 and 8 saw regular NHL time last year.

Jensen will be a good player in all likelihood...but you don't exactly see Buffalo fans clamoring for Joel Armia to make the big squad next year...

#81 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

Why wouldn't it work. The last several years we've had 0 rookies in our top six and last I checked we still have no cup. Time to shake it up and stop giving the vets a free pass.

Because a stanley cup is the only measure of how successful a franchise has been over a short period of time?

You know a team that has a bunch of young players in their top 6? Edmonton....they haven't had a whole lot of success...

#82 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

Very similar, except we need that one stud centre... Just if we can get Hodgson back without losing either of em.

Stud center =/= Hodgson in my opinion. Now if you had said Staal...

regards,
G.

#83 pomorick

pomorick

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

If Kassian works at developing his strength and fitness and skills with the right attitude and trainer he is at the right age to mature into an NHL regular. Todd Bertuzzi and Milan Lucic are examples of the extreme upside player he could become. Taylor Pyatt and Brad Isbister mediocre success examples. Hopefully even a Cam Neely type career is possible.
My prediction is he will be a tougher Jim Sandlak.
Jensen I think well score more and become a top 20 scorer in the NHL. Not a superstar, but a solid offensive forward.
I think both should be judged in September at training camp. At their ages changes can happen or not happen quickly. They may both be ready or neither is ready. Hopefully both train hard and show up at camp way beyond ready.

Edited by pomorick, 19 May 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#84 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

He's not able to play in the AHL next season since he's not 20.

Which is why, if the coaches feel that he's close they're more likely to keep him up in the bigs then send him down to juniors where he wouldn't be challenged at all.

Gotcha, forgot about that.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#85 Sedinery22

Sedinery22

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

(might wanna paragraph that badboy next time)

Burrows and Kesler both played over 100 games in the AHL. Kassian has 30. No point bringing him in to fill Dale Weise role when he can be playing 20 minutes a game for the Wolves.

Jensen either plays in the NHL or Oshawa...can't really just sprinkle him a few games here and there.
Schroeder will likely get some call ups this season.

Schenn, Couturier, and Larsson all are a different level prospect than Jensen...they are pretty elite prospects whereas Jensen was a late 1st rounder...

Do you think that Jensen/Kassian are ready to be 50 point players like Henrique? Read is 26 years old, King is 2 years older than Kassian (4 more than Jensen), Nolan is 2 years older than Kassian, Hagelin is 3 years older,

These guys were all groomed until they were ready for the NHL... yes they are rookies but they have paid their dues in the AHL/College

okay mr. hockey expert, it really doesn't matter how many ahl games kassian played or not, look at tyler seguin he never played one, he made the jump from playing 2 years in juniors to the nhl, compared to kassian's 4 years in juniors

kassian played 44 games already and has 10 points, that is not bad for a rookie year, especially with the amount of ice time he's been getting, and adjusting to a new team, yeah i don't care what you have to say because i know kassian's gonna be in a Vancouver Canucks jersey next season, he'll play on the 3rd line and will eventually make it to the 2nd line, it's time to shake it up and give the young guy's a chance and give them more ice time to develop, kassian's nhl ready

#86 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

okay mr. hockey expert, it really doesn't matter how many ahl games kassian played or not, look at tyler seguin he never played one, he made the jump from playing 2 years in juniors to the nhl, compared to kassian's 4 years in juniors

To be fair, chum, Kassian < Seguin. Not all prospects develop at the same rate.

Further, a lot depends upon the needs of the team. Edmonton may well have rushed some of their guys into the NHL because they had no other options. The Canucks do not have an extreme need to play guys like Kassian or Jensen right now as they have other options available to them.

regards,
G.

#87 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

Kassian - Chicago Wolves
Were grooming him to be a top 6 powerforward....lets let him establish himself as a top 6 powerforward in the AHL and get him 20 minutes a game instead of using him as a 4th line grinder for 8 minutes a game.

What's the problem with using him as a fourth line grinder? Milan Lucic spent his first year in the NHL playing as a third-fourth line winger?

Posted Image

#88 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

kassian played 44 games already and has 10 points, that is not bad for a rookie year, especially with the amount of ice time he's been getting, and adjusting to a new team, yeah i don't care what you have to say because i know kassian's gonna be in a Vancouver Canucks jersey next season, he'll play on the 3rd line and will eventually make it to the 2nd line, it's time to shake it up and give the young guy's a chance and give them more ice time to develop, kassian's nhl ready

And Tyler Seguin was also a top 2 pick.... so why compare him to Kassian?

How many players picked after Kassian are full time NHL regulars? Johansson, O'reilly, Clifford, Kulikov, Leddy...not a whole lot

Whats the rush? He averaged 10:07 of ice time during the season in Vancouver.
Why not give him 20 minutes a game on the Wolves instead and feed him a handful of games when we run into injuries, or if he plays his way up.

I also don't see the need for a "shakeup" in this regard.

#89 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

What's the problem with using him as a fourth line grinder? Milan Lucic spent his first year in the NHL playing as a third-fourth line winger?

The way our 4th line is constructed its probably not the best situation to put a player like Kassian in.
(exclusively defensive zone starts, facing other teams top lines and playing overall hard minutes)

#90 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

The way our 4th line is constructed its probably not the best situation to put a player like Kassian in.
(exclusively defensive zone starts, facing other teams top lines and playing overall hard minutes)

Why is that not the best situation? I don't see how any of those factors would inhibit his development.

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.