Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Kassian Or Jensen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
157 replies to this topic

Poll: Kassian Or Jensen (238 member(s) have cast votes)

Assuming no one comes via free agency, and booth and burrows stay in the top six which of these two players will get the final top six spot?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,106 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

If its Raymond were hoping to replace that move saves us about a million in cap...

The guy has really only had 1 bad season... I think management will retain him.

oh my goodness I hope you're wrong. He is absolutely useless. At least if we had Jensen, and he turned out to be useless too, AV would sit him in the doghouse or management would just send him down to the minors. With Raymond we just keep playing him because well.... he's older I guess? I can't think of any other reason. Fact is, you cannot turn garbage into gold. You're living in lala land if you believe that. It's time to turn the page, take a risk, go in a different direction cause clearly Raymond is damaged goods.

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

#152 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,168 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:53 AM

You don't become a good nhl player by playing in the minors. You become a good nhl player by playing in the nhl!

Nor do you become a good nhl player sitting in the press box. You don't get to play in the nhl unless you're the best option. It's unlikely that Jensen, because of the restrictions with his age, will be the best option. He's 19, it's not like it's now or never for him.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#153 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

I would really like to see Jensen at least for a couple games at the start of the season and you never know, maybe he'll be ready
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#154 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

I wonder what 6OH!4 would say when Jensen gets benched...."HE SUCKS!" ?

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#155 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

I think it would be kind of useless for Jensen to go back to junior, he says the pro game suits him more and it shows. I'm thinking he could crack the team and play on the 3rd line maybe 2nd depending how he does, he almost made the team last year as an 18 year old and AV loves him so...

As for Kassian, he was ripping up the AHL at a point per game, so I don't think he needs more time down there, just a good offseason and better conditioning.

I'm pretty sure Jensen and Kassian are both right wingers but I would love to see a 3rd line of

Kassian-Lapierre-Jensen Kassian can protect the puck and drive to the net better on that side.

Youth movement next year if everyones ready? Could provide a lot more energy, something the nucks seriously lacked this playoffs.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Schroeder-Kesler
Kassian-Lapierre-Jensen -3a
Higgins-Malholtra-Hansen -3b

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Schenn
Ballard-Tanev

Schneider
?

if Schroeder works out as 2nd line center while Kesler is out, AV could figure something out, we don't need to trade for a playmaker when we have one in our system... if he is ready.

We would actually be able to roll 4 lines in the playoffs that way, not 3 with one benched.

Edited by TheGame., 23 May 2012 - 12:35 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#156 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,106 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

I wonder what 6OH!4 would say when Jensen gets benched...."HE SUCKS!" ?

Would be ok with it considering he's 19, but a least he would have gotten a chance. As for raymond, well how many chances can you give a guy?
A typical raymond shift goes as follows: he gets the puck with speed, enters the zone, does a couple of laps around the offensive zone even though several players are open. Takes a shot right in the goalies bread basket as he's falling to the ice like a clutz.

(Sig removed by mod)

#157 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

Would be ok with it considering he's 19, but a least he would have gotten a chance.

Don't you think from a development standpoint that would be anything BUT good for his development?

#158 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,106 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

Don't you think from a development standpoint that would be anything BUT good for his development?

how can playing in the NHL be bad for him? You think he's gonna have a bad game and thats gonna turn him into a broken man with no confidence? gimme a break.

But I think we both know what's gonna happen. MG will resign Raymond. Coaches will say anyone can make the team but in reality they're just bullsh*tting. Jensen will come to training camp and will be lights out, but they'll find an excuse to not give him his nine games.

Edited by 6OH!4, 24 May 2012 - 12:16 AM.

(Sig removed by mod)

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.