The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows ... [How Much] Does Mg Really Want Him?

Dogbyte

As we all know Alexandre Burrows is on his last year of perhaps the best value contract in the league. $2 mil a year for a guy who has recorded 28, 35, 26, and 28 goals in his last 4 years. No contract year player here. Wow! This is where it could get tricky for MG. I am amongst others here who think that the Sedins could really benefit from a big bodied pure sniper, admittedly this type of player is basically a star in his own right. Regardless of that price I think we need another genuine player with skill which means money. So when it comes to renegotiating the 31 year old Burrows contract what is his asking price and does adding another top 6 forward make it hard to fit Alex into the team?

Players that have scored the same amount of goals last year and are not on entry level contracts are Andrew Ladd, Brad Marchand, and Thomas Fleischmann. Marchand only makes $2.5 mil a year while the other two make $4.5. My gut tells me that $3.5 or $3.75 over another 4 years to bring Alex to 35 years of age would be fair. What do you guys think he will get and what do you think he deserves?

I hate to be the voice of reason but if you were outside of the Canucks love for this guy and an impartial GM this contract might be one to let go in the UFA market. I mean he could get $4 mil a year or even more couldn't he? Knowing Burr he will sign for a good value ... hopefully.

I ask becasue I really would hope that we can sign a high calibre player to put with the Sedins which also leaves you wondering where Burrows would play. He plays great with Kesler but I don't know if that would work with Booth. Our line-up is so difficult. A really solid player would solve a lot of questions.

Anyways, what do you think happens, what is he worth, do we keep him no matter what, or do you think MG could trade him? Montreal would probably love him, maybe Subban or Tinordi in return?

As we all know Alexandre Burrows is on his last year of perhaps the best value contract in the league. $2 mil a year for a guy who has recorded 28, 35, 26, and 28 goals in his last 4 years. No contract year player here. Wow! This is where it could get tricky for MG. I am amongst others here who think that the Sedins could really benefit from a big bodied pure sniper, admittedly this type of player is basically a star in his own right. Regardless of that price I think we need another genuine player with skill which means money. So when it comes to renegotiating the 31 year old Burrows contract what is his asking price and does adding another top 6 forward make it hard to fit Alex into the team?

Players that have scored the same amount of goals last year and are not on entry level contracts are Andrew Ladd, Brad Marchand, and Thomas Fleischmann. Marchand only makes $2.5 mil a year while the other two make $4.5. My gut tells me that $3.5 or $3.75 over another 4 years to bring Alex to 35 years of age would be fair. What do you guys think he will get and what do you think he deserves?

I hate to be the voice of reason but if you were outside of the Canucks love for this guy and an impartial GM this contract might be one to let go in the UFA market. I mean he could get $4 mil a year or even more couldn't he? Knowing Burr he will sign for a good value ... hopefully.

I ask becasue I really would hope that we can sign a high calibre player to put with the Sedins which also leaves you wondering where Burrows would play. He plays great with Kesler but I don't know if that would work with Booth. Our line-up is so difficult. A really solid player would solve a lot of questions.

Anyways, what do you think happens, what is he worth, do we keep him no matter what, or do you think MG could trade him? Montreal would probably love him, maybe Subban or Tinordi in return?

burr will be resigned - what will it cost us? burr will sign again for a discounted rate - as the rest of the core. he could stay with the sedins- or he could be moved to 2nd or 3rd line. he's flexible and can play from 1st to 3rd line. thats pretty hard to find. probably 3 to 4.5 mill. front-loaded like Lu and juice, but low cap hit. or high signing bonus to make up for the low cap hit.

Burrows knows he needs to take less money to stay here and he will exactly that again. Everyone forgets that Burrows took the $2 million per as a grateful gesture to Canucks organization for believing in him and playing him.

Archived