The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows ... [How Much] Does Mg Really Want Him?

Dogbyte

Hate to throw cold water on Burr's stats, but let's keep it real. Almost any player in the league could score 30 with the Sedins. Just like Setoguchi - a 40 goal man with Thornton, now he cant crack 20 with the Wild.

Burr is overrated. Overrated! He would be an ideal guy to trade NOW- I bet he would fetch as much as Kesler on the market right now, even tho he isn't half the player.

Burr and Luongo to TO for Pahneuf, Monster and Ashton.

SCF Game 7 3rd period, dying minutes - whether we're up a goal or down a goal, i'm willing to bet an arm and a leg that Burrows is 1 of the 5 forwards out on the ice. I'm sure most people here would agree with me. If that doesn't speak volumes about how valuable he is on this team, then I don't know what else I can say.

You pull your own head out of your ass!

We have established who can NOT be traded if you have been paying attention and it amounts basically to the Sedins, Burr and Kes............and according to some on here, even Burr and Kess are not safe.

You get damn all if you trade damn all. I put forward a means to getting the team on the ice I want, if you don't like it, tough. Higgins is NOT a great playoff player imo. If it means I get Perry and Kane then off he goes.

Read my post again and try to understand it.

Trading players is like trading stocks. Seems counterintuitive to sell a strong stock, but that's when u get the most for it.

At the end of last year, I said trade Kes. Even with his torn labia, he would have fetched a good return. NOW is the time to trade Burr, mark my words. Playing with the twins has inflated the stats of an otherwise fairly average player. It is time to trade for some real character on this team. The fact that we look to Burr when the chips are down is precisely what is wrong with this team. Other teams have players like Crosby, Brown, Toews, Richards to lead them into the playoffs - we have nobody.

Dump Burr while the stocks are high ... Next year this time, he won't be worth half what he is today.

Hate to throw cold water on Burr's stats, but let's keep it real. Almost any player in the league could score 30 with the Sedins. Just like Setoguchi - a 40 goal man with Thornton, now he cant crack 20 with the Wild.

Burr is overrated. Overrated! He would be an ideal guy to trade NOW- I bet he would fetch as much as Kesler on the market right now, even tho he isn't half the player.

Burr and Luongo to TO for Pahneuf, Monster and Ashton.

So explain his performance in the worlds? Playing with new line mates/no Sedins yet still manages to score. Even after returning from a nasty hit on the head....still had an impact.

You know what's overrated? Attention mongering and throwing endless posts out that are only meant to stir the pot and generate a negative reaction.

You only make yourself look silly in underestimating the impact that a guy like Burr has on a team. Any team would snap him up and we'd be crazy to let him go. But you're not really here to offer insight, you're here to hurl insults and troll and, again, I'm onto it.

You pull your own head out of your ass!

We have established who can NOT be traded if you have been paying attention and it amounts basically to the Sedins, Burr and Kes............and according to some on here, even Burr and Kess are not safe.

You get damn all if you trade damn all. I put forward a means to getting the team on the ice I want, if you don't like it, tough. Higgins is NOT a great playoff player imo. If it means I get Perry and Kane then off he goes.

Read my post again and try to understand it.

Guest gumballthechewy

On a side note I was watching a docudrama from CBC of the 72 Summit Series, Gerry Dee was funny as Wayne Cashman. He could play Burrows ... it would be funny.

I don't think so.

Human beings are not in any way like stocks,especially heart and soul human beings that leave millions on the table so the team can win.

Bieksa and Kes and the twins left some on the table but Burr left a disproportionate chunk and Gillis couldn't sign him fast enough.

If Gillis gets rid of a guy like Burr,Gillis should leave town ASAP.

If Gillis dumps Burr as he did Hodgson this city will erupt.

Burr is the epitome of a Canuck and he gave his all for four years at two lousy schmil a year.

Honour is in order,not a lousy lawyer con job dump and deflect.

Archived