The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Kesler And His Impact After 3 Major Surgeries

tjolsen

He obviously will be affected but at the same time he has to take his time to come back. This year he obviously came back too soon. He should have kept recovering another 2-4 weeks before starting to play again. If he starts to be smart and takes his time recovering so he is 100% then he'll be far more effective in the long run.

But for the 501st time,

We should have gotten more than a carton of eggs where 3 or 4 eggs are cracked, and the rest need a full time hen to sit on them, rub them and keep them warm before they might hatch?

:rolleyes:

FOR THE 500TH TIME, CODY FRIGGIN HODGSON WAS TRADED BECAUSE OF HIS CRAP OFF-ICE! END OF STORY BRO!

Good vid brew,

I personally believe that Kesler is Kesler and that's not about to change.

A player trying to change the way they play is like a fish out of water. They wont be as effective or produce nearly as much offensively and they start to over think the game to try and get back to feeling the way when they were playing 'their game.'

Sure, the acquisition of Kack Zassian was fantastic. He's going to end up a much better player then Coho just from what we've seen so far. Keep in mind MG was showcasing Cody from the beginning. But why didn't they put Kesler on the IR and get one of Vermette, Gaustad, Prospal, Boyes or Cullen and let him slowly recover from the shoulder injury. Now, we've only got one more year in our window to win the cup. There's no way we can win with the Sedins nearing their mid-30s.

im not gonna paint him with the same brush as lindros, salo, forsberg or hemsky BUT if he doesnt change his reckless ways or if keeps going 100 miles an hour every where on the ice, these injuries will start to snow ball and previous injuries will come back to haunt him....as soon as you have surgery somewhere on your body, its never the same and it gets re-injured very easily

AND FOR GOD SAKES DONT COME BACK UNTIL YOU ARE 110%!!! TAKE AN EXTRA 2-3 WEEKS OFF....WE DONT NEED YOU IN NOVEMBER OR DECEMBER, WE NEED YOU IN APRIL!!!!!!!!

Good vid brew,

I personally believe that Kesler is Kesler and that's not about to change.

A player trying to change the way they play is like a fish out of water. They wont be as effective or produce nearly as much offensively and they start to over think the game to try and get back to feeling the way when they were playing 'their game.'

He might not have the greatest year in 2012-13 but if we don't win the SC, his injury won't be the reason. Like you said he wants to rest and wait as long as possible before returning, which is the right thing to do in my books.

And as long as AV and MG don't force him into the lineup early because MG couldn't find a center in the off season to fill that role and let Kessy rest, then we should see a great effort from him in the playoffs.

don't taze me braaaa...cody hodgson was traded because he was mismanaged and misdiagnosed by gillis due to his back problems which almost led to the end of his career. cody never complained to the media once. he just wanted more ice time, and he deserved it when we he was outplaying kesler in January

my issue with the surgery is this: if Kesler has another horrible year, do you blame it on the surgery (or injuries)? do you blame it on not having a full offseason to train, or not going to training camp? or do you explore other options?

my issue with the surgery is this: if Kesler has another horrible year, do you blame it on the surgery (or injuries)? do you blame it on not having a full offseason to train, or not going to training camp? or do you explore other options?

Yes I know that was the reason and he wanted more ice time but my point is if you were going to trade him why trade for a player that does not score often (Kasian) and would be no immediate help when your team has a chance to win its second president trophy in a row and a real chance for the playoffs...

Archived