Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Luongo, Schneider Together Forever? [Province Article]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

Poll: Goaltending Situation (244 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you prefer happen?

1. Schneider as starter and Luongo traded (135 votes [55.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.33%

2. Luongo as starter and Schneider traded (41 votes [16.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.80%

3. Schneider and Luongo split 41 games each (68 votes [27.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

I've been wanting to see an alternating tandem for the past 2 seasons, and started 2 threads on the subject. But now it's too late. We could have seen how it worked out, and gone from there.
Schneiders in the class of Jonathan Quick, and is capable of carrying this team for the long run.
No risk, no gain. Sign Schneider, and trade Luongo.

#92 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

Both goalies have earned the outright number one spot. To try to keep both would be unfair and a bit demoralizing.

I would prefer we keep Schneider and trade LU for the youth and my blood pressure, but if Cory can get us something we cannot refuse (big stud dman), I have little problem with Lu in net mentoring our up and comers

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#93 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

The Province must really need to sell papers if they are writing and publishing ludacris stories like this. Both goalies want to be number 1. Luongo is willing to waive his no trade clause. There is no room to keep both. Moves will be made at the draft. Case closed.
Posted Image

#94 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

Hey Timberwolf....how does Lou merit a #1 billing with Schneids.....when he was middle of the pack all season(15th) vs Cory Schneider being #2 and #3 in SP and GAA....give yur head a shake man....Lou gave up almost 1/2 a goal more per game during the season...7 goals in 2 full games in playoffs vs Corys 4 goals in over 3 games. How does that rate equal billing ????

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.