The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

With Summer Approaching, What's A Good Beer To Have In The Hot Sun?

With summer coming up and the temperature rising, what is a good beer to have when at the lake or camping, etc?? I like the micro-brewery selection out there, my current favorite is Big Rock Grasshopper Wheat Ale, when it is ice cold and the sun is blazing like it was this last weekend, just sitting around the campsite and cracking this drink was bliss. I said current favorite because with the huge selection out there its always changing.

This.

beer-bottle-grasshopper.png

or this is another great one too

adtrack-dos-equisx-large.jpg

most definitely not this

682930_0.jpg

I remember reading on here a couple of years ago about the craze over Bud Light with Lime.

Never tried it. Not much of a beer guy. Only beer I ever drink is Guiness Extra Cold. Kopperberg cider with fruit is pretty nice for a hot day.

EDIT: Yep - /topic/240770-bud-light-with-lime/page__hl__%2Bbud+%2Blight+%2Blime">http://forum.canucks...ud +light +lime

Anything by Lighthouse Brewing, I don't think I've tried another beer that's light and refreshing yet can run with premium heavy beers for flavor. They're a microbrewry but they're from B.C. so they still fairly easy to find locally.

Coors Light Iced Tea. Had it at Moxies the other day, pretty damn good. Not a manly drink but at a beach bbq or at the summer cabin I'd rather have a light buzz after a few and not feel dehydrated and be able to play volleyball and all that rather than drink a heavy beer, feel sick from the sun and be a mood killer.

Archived