100 replies to this topic

#31 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

Any goalie in the NHL could have put up similar numbers to Luongo because of the team that was playing infront of him. Elliot plays for Ottawa last year and almost ruined his NHL career. Elliot plays for Hitchcock this year and has a Vezina worthy season. What NHL execs see in Luongo is a goalie who has a huge contract and a player who couldn't close under pressure. That's it.

GMs will take a shot at him because he is a proven regular season goalie who could be had for dirt cheap because Luongo has negative value. Vancouver takes a bad contract and off loads a player who has a longer bad contract.

PaulKariyaALH knows what he's talking about and you don't have to insult him just because you don't agree nor want to hear what he has to say.

#32 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

Any goalie in the NHL could have put up similar numbers to Luongo because of the team that was playing infront of him. Elliot plays for Ottawa last year and almost ruined his NHL career. Elliot plays for Hitchcock this year and has a Vezina worthy season. What NHL execs see in Luongo is a goalie who has a huge contract and a player who couldn't close under pressure. That's it.

GMs will take a shot at him because he is a proven regular season goalie who could be had for dirt cheap because Luongo has negative value. Vancouver takes a bad contract and off loads a player who has a longer bad contract.

PaulKariyaALH knows what he's talking about and you don't have to insult him just because you don't agree nor want to hear what he has to say.

K

Edited by Liberace, 21 May 2012 - 08:25 PM.

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#33 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,972 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

ConnorFutureGM and PaulKariyaALH have absolutley no idea what they're talking about. Luongo has negative value??? :picard:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#34 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

Thank-you for clarifying that for us... You obviously didn't see our team completely collapse defensively. Maybe we are the Ottawa and Luongo just needs to find a St Louis. Elliot has been a crap goalie his whole career. I'm sorry St Louis' defence plays leaps and bounds better than ours.

#35 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

Haha, Tampa laughs at you. Luongo is declining, and probably has the worst contract in the nhl. St. Louis is worth more to the Lightning then the Sedins are to Vancouver. Try Schneider + Burrows, and maybe they won't laugh as much.

LOL Tampa wouldn't take overpaid trash like Luongo for St Louis, the most you'd get for Luongo is Komisarek, No team will give up anything of value for Luongo. Schneider is more likely to be traded, you are stuck with this bum for 10 more years ::D

Yeah, he WAS a vezina finalist, just face it, he just sucks now, and will never return to the form he was years ago. Vinny's Contract is actually better, as he's averaged 80 points per season since the lockout, and will still be useful in the last years of his contract. Luongo will be a 5.33 mill backup

That's fine, you wouldn't even get Lecavalier for Luongo.

Stop insulting hetorosexual people. Show your Gay pride else where, you will not convince me, sir!

I'm not a homophobe, but it is clear what you are trying to do. This is a hockey forum, please take it else where. Trying to discuss hockey, and you randomly talk about some gay bullcrap

In the other thread you posted I should get married with Stamkoks, i think you are

Posted Image

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#36 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,972 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

Posted Image
regards,
G.

I didn't get it the first time you posted this but I do now hahaha.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#37 PaulKariyaALH

PaulKariyaALH

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

Posted Image

regards,
G.

I'm tired of you, and your meaningless posts. It pisses me off every times I see that regards, G. Along with that other dbag TOML who keeps on saying Cheers. You aren't writing a ******* letter.

#38 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

Teams aren't eager to get Luongo, especially if they have to pay a price. Whatever team trades for Luongo gets married to him and the only thing he has actually proven is he's not a winner.

If Luongo was as good as some of you make him out to be, you wouldn't be trading him.

#39 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'm tired of you, and your meaningless posts. It pisses me off every times I see that regards, G. Along with that other dbag TOML who keeps on saying Cheers. You aren't writing a ******* letter.

It's all good.

Yours truly,

Liberace

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#40 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,972 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

Teams aren't eager to get Luongo, especially if they have to pay a price. Whatever team trades for Luongo gets married to him and the only thing he has actually proven is he's not a winner.

If Luongo was as good as some of you make him out to be, you wouldn't be trading him.

True. We'd keep him if we didn't have a 26 year old stud as a back up ;)

#41 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

In the right context its quite drole.

#42 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

The only reason we have even considered trading him is the emergence of Schneider and I bet if MG knew Schneider was going to develop and turn out like he did, he wouldn't of signed Luo to the long contract.

#43 PaulKariyaALH

PaulKariyaALH

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

Exactly, 7uongo lost his job to a backup, and all of these homers think he can get the 5th overall pick :lol: :lol: . Luongo has near negative value, all of you will be suprised with what you get for him.

#44 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

If you are tired, go to bed.

If my posts are meaningless to you, well, I'm surprised.

If you are annoyed by my sign-off salutation, too bad. Deal with it. :)

regards,
G.

#45 PaulKariyaALH

PaulKariyaALH

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

It's all good.

Yours truly,

Liberace

I knew I was forgetting about another dbag, all of you guys piss me off! Go get a ******* paper and pencil. Wasting my time, having to scroll down and see a long post, with the same bull again and again

#46 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

Exactly, 7uongo lost his job to a backup, and all of these homers think he can get the 5th overall pick :lol: :lol: . Luongo has near negative value, all of you will be suprised with what you get for him.

He might of lost his job to a prospective franchise goaltender.

While I agree that we aren't going to get a superstar player or a top 10 pick. Getting a B rated prospect and a late first rounder isn't out of the question.

Edited by mpt, 21 May 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#47 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

I knew I was forgetting about another dbag, all of you guys piss me off! Go get a ******* paper and pencil. Wasting my time, having to scroll down and see a long post, with the same bull again and again

You impress me as someone who forgets things... often.

You should get that anger managment thing looked at.

If you don't care to read what any poster writes you can "ignore" them. It's a simple process, so you shouldn't have any trouble with it... well maybe not.

regards,
G.

#48 PaulKariyaALH

PaulKariyaALH

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

He might of lost his job to a prospective franchise goaltender.

While I agree that we aren't going to get a superstar player or a top 10 pick. Getting a B rated prospect and a late first rounder isn't out of the question.

He might get you a late first rounder, but a cap dump would also have to be coming back

#49 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

He might get you a late first rounder, but a cap dump would also have to be coming back

Depending on the team involved and what their cap situation is. If we wanted the pick then yes probably a cap dump will be coming our way.

For example, I don't think its far fetched to think that Luongo and Raymond wouldn't be able to land us a guy like Gardiner straight up.

Edited by mpt, 21 May 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#50 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,765 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

Luongo, Hansen, and 1st(26th overall)

for

Brett Connolly and Tampa's 1st rounder.

#51 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

DEAL WITH IT!
Posted Image

And by the way, Tampa has interest in Luongo, just so you know.

Edited by Liberace, 21 May 2012 - 08:43 PM.

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#52 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

for

I'd consider trying to fatten up the Canucks side of the offer and see if an additional asset might be picked up, such as Aulie.

regards,
G.

#53 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'd consider trying to fatten up the Canucks side of the offer and see if an additional asset might be picked up, such as Aulie.

regards,
G.

Yzerman is pretty high on Aulie, its probably not worth the asking price. I think there are more pieces of the puzzle to acquire dealing with Toronto; and the leafs are desperate for a goalie.

Edited by mpt, 21 May 2012 - 08:49 PM.

#54 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

Yzerman is pretty high on Aulie, its probably not worth the asking price. I think there are more pieces of the puzzle to acquire dealing with Toronto; and the leafs are desperate for a goalie.

True that.

One stop shopping plan: Schenn and Ashton (and a pick and/or someone else?) for Luongo and a package from the Canucks? The Canucks package could include a combination from the following assets: their 1st pick in 2012, a prospect, perhaps Ballard or Booth.

This would do something for the top-6 winger issue (although Ashton is still quite young), and Schenn could fit in as a top-4 d-man. The remainder of the eam needs could be filled from the UFA pool, hopefully.

regards,
G.

#55 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

True that.

One stop shopping plan: Schenn and Ashton (and a pick and/or someone else?) for Luongo and a package from the Canucks? The Canucks package could include a combination from the following assets: their 1st pick in 2012, a prospect, perhaps Ballard or Booth.

This would do something for the top-6 winger issue (although Ashton is still quite young), and Schenn could fit in as a top-4 d-man. The remainder of the eam needs could be filled from the UFA pool, hopefully.

regards,
G.

Yea, I can see that. Instead of Ashton though, I'd really try to land Franson. He is close friends with Weber and with Hamhius already here, it may make Vancouver even more desirable for him in 2013.

#56 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

Depending on the team involved and what their cap situation is. If we wanted the pick then yes probably a cap dump will be coming our way.

For example, I don't think its far fetched to think that Luongo and Raymond wouldn't be able to land us a guy like Gardiner straight up.

No man, that is very far fetched.

Gardiner is an untouchable to the Leafs.

A trade for Luongo will be something like this:

Luongo FOR cap dump (probably negative value contract) , (and depending on the size of the cap sump) asset

examples:

Luongo FOR

Lecavalier, 1st

Komisarek, 2nd

Those are the only two teams I see in the running for Luongo.

#57 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

for

You're overcomplicating the trade to benefit your ideal trade for the Canucks. The Lightning don't want or need Hansen or the Canucks' 1st pick.

#58 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

Yea, I can see that. Instead of Ashton though, I'd really try to land Franson. He is close friends with Weber and with Hamhius already here, it may make Vancouver even more desirable for him in 2013.

Good thought. Franson would likely also be a bit less expensive acquire than Ashton.

regards,
G.

#59 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

No man, that is very far fetched.

Gardiner is an untouchable to the Leafs.

A trade for Luongo will be something like this:

Luongo FOR cap dump (probably negative value contract) , (and depending on the size of the cap sump) asset

examples:

Luongo FOR

Lecavalier, 1st

Komisarek, 2nd

Those are the only two teams I see in the running for Luongo.

If anyone thinks Gardiner is untouchable then they are seriously overrating Gardiner. He isn't that good, and he won't be that great. He's a solid B rated prospect. To say Gardiner is in the same league as Larrson and Hedman is crazy.

I see Gardiner's value slightly higher than Schenn. I'm happy with either one.

Luongo for Gardiner OR
Luongo and Raymond for Schenn and Franson

Edited by mpt, 21 May 2012 - 09:16 PM.

#60 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

I could also see this:

Luongo, Ballard FOR Lecavalier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.