Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Italia2006

I Wonder If Schneider For Perry Was In The Works And Would You Do It Even If You Had To Add A 1St Rounder?

49 posts in this topic

No it doesn't make any sense for Anaheim. If they are giving up perry they'll want a top winger in return and a prospect. We don't have what they need. Getzlaf on the other hand could be available to us in exchange for a centre and a defenseman

Interesting theory but i don't see a lot of teams developing prospects and then trading them as soon as they are good. If that was the case Canucks would have traded the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa...   I don't see the advantage of trying that method.

Any deal involving a player like Perry, Weber, Suter, Parise, Nash etc is going to have to result in a Canuck salary dump in order to make it work. Any of these guys are going to come with a huge cap hit and you are not going to clear cap by trading Schneider.....it has to be Luo, Raymond and Ballard in a multi player deal. Maybe Luo and Raymond for Perry and Ballard and a 1st for a big gritty shut down dman?

If that deal was ever on the table id be shocked if Gillis passed on it, even if that meant us adding a 1st rounder..

If that deal was ever on the table id be shocked if Gillis passed on it, even if that meant us adding a 1st rounder..

His Contract expires at the end of 2013. Not sure, if that increases or decreases value.

No it doesn't make any sense for Anaheim. If they are giving up perry they'll want a top winger in return and a prospect. We don't have what they need. Getzlaf on the other hand could be available to us in exchange for a centre and a defenseman

<p>

no to getzlaf - hes a great player, but also a hothead and a bit greedy.... plus he cost canada the tournament

perry would be a great pickup, but i would almost prefer bobby ryan... plus perry can be a real weasel, and like getzlaf, greedy/stupid penalties seem to be an issue.

Schneider + Kesler + Jensen for Perry is what it would take

No. Based on this years and last years playoffs, it is clear that you need a non-choking, consistent elite goalie to win big games. And now we have our first one since Bobby Lou.

Fixed

Agreed. I have no idea why we picked up Kassian. If you have to do a deal with the Sabres don't you get Foligno instead of Kassian?

Perhaps he tried and Buffalo said, "No".

regards,

G.