The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I Wonder If Schneider For Perry Was In The Works And Would You Do It Even If You Had To Add A 1St Rounder?

No it doesn't make any sense for Anaheim. If they are giving up perry they'll want a top winger in return and a prospect. We don't have what they need. Getzlaf on the other hand could be available to us in exchange for a centre and a defenseman

Interesting theory but i don't see a lot of teams developing prospects and then trading them as soon as they are good. If that was the case Canucks would have traded the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa...   I don't see the advantage of trying that method.

Any deal involving a player like Perry, Weber, Suter, Parise, Nash etc is going to have to result in a Canuck salary dump in order to make it work. Any of these guys are going to come with a huge cap hit and you are not going to clear cap by trading Schneider.....it has to be Luo, Raymond and Ballard in a multi player deal. Maybe Luo and Raymond for Perry and Ballard and a 1st for a big gritty shut down dman?

<p>

no to getzlaf - hes a great player, but also a hothead and a bit greedy.... plus he cost canada the tournament

perry would be a great pickup, but i would almost prefer bobby ryan... plus perry can be a real weasel, and like getzlaf, greedy/stupid penalties seem to be an issue.

Archived