The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Or Foligno If You Could Do It Over Again?

Italia2006

<p><p>The last I remembered, Hodgson was a big part of our 2nd powerplay unit. Hodgson also was scoring for the Canucks. Kassian couldn't even make the crappy Sabres lineup. This trade would of been easier to swallow if Kassian was playing in the nhl and showed that he can play with the big boys.In my opinion when we did the trade he should of gone directly down to the Wolves. The reason why he couldn't go down to the Wolves is because the fans would of cut off Gillis's head.

Canucks fans really never learn do they?

Does anyone else find it ironic that only a season ago fans were writing off Hodgson and saying we should trade him? Now everyone's already writing off Kassian as a 21 year old.

Stop being so damn impatient with our prospects.

Just a friendly tip: it's "would've", as in "would have", not "would of" and "genes" not "jeans".  Other than that, carry on prematurely slamming Kassian.  We all saw how well that played out for the anti-Kesler movement back around the Bobby Clarke offersheet point in time (not to mention all those calling Hodgson, of all prospects, a bust).

So just settle for Kassian? Hodgson is going to be a star in the league and so will Foligno. It blows my mind how we just gave away Hodgson and didn't get the max value for him. Gillis won the fight but lost the war with Hodgson.

Kassian had 3 points in 17 games with us after the trade and played 10 minutes a night

Hodgson had 8 points in 20 games with the Sabres and played 17 minutes a night.

I really don't get why you think we "lost" this trade, those a very similar stats given the minutes played. Kassian has lots of potential

At least he got used to the system. Kassian is still working on the Canucks system. So many people on here undervalue Hodgson's value.Didn't Hodgson also play on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd line? He was given an opportunity at the beginning (just like Kassian) then moved down to the 3rd because he wasn't cutting it for a while. Then didn't earn his way up the line up?

Long Live the instant gratification arm chair quarterback!

Personally, I think Kassian and Gragnani were good returns for Hodgson and Sulzer, but lets allow some passage of time to see how things go.

What makes all of this bad, is our scouts.

Didn't the Canucks really want Weise and wasn't he suppose to be the size we where needing?

To me he is no different that Oreskovich.

Our scouts are scaring me a bit with these past few deals. These deals all seem to be gambles.

The first ever draft pick Gillis was a part from,is traded,

The Canucks have not had any young players that MG has drafted, made our team.

Archived