The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Or Foligno If You Could Do It Over Again?

Italia2006

Hodgson minutes where cut down quite a bit when he played on the 3rd line. The only reason Hodgson numbers are higher is because he's an asset and they could use him on the pp.Should the Canuck of put Kassian on the PP?

What makes this all of this bad, is our scouts.

Didn't the Canucks really want Weise and wasn't he suppose to be the size we where needing?

To me he is no different that Oreskovich.

Our scouts are scaring me a bit with these past few deals. These deals all seem to be gambles.

The first ever draft pick Gillis was a part from,is traded,

The Canucks have not had any young players that MG has drafted, made our team.

is this a real question? foligno has been nothing special throughout his entire career at any level, and suddenly explodes for 13 points in 14 games in the nhl and you suddenly think he's worth hogdson? foligno got way more playing time than kassian, and im pretty sure he played with ennis who was equally hot which helped his stats. i have no reason to believe that foligno is the real deal going into the future

is this a real question? foligno has been nothing special throughout his entire career at any level, and suddenly explodes for 13 points in 14 games in the nhl and you suddenly think he's worth hogdson?  foligno got way more playing time than kassian, and im pretty sure he played with ennis who was equally hot which helped his stats.  i have no reason to believe that foligno is the real deal going into the future

What a dumb post. Use your brain no mind, look at the big picture.

You assume Foligno was up for grabs. You assume Kassian is nothing, you assume on what?

I hate these assumption post with no knowledge nor thought.

For what its worth Corey Pronman, an NHL draft and prospect writer for ESPN and Hockey Prospectus says Kassian > M.Foligno

For those saying Foligno ended the season so well and Kassian had a bad rookie season. You should look into the roles they played. Kassian was recalled after Lucc ran over Miller and was brought in for nothing but a physical presence. They wanted him to hit and fight and when he couldnt do it consistently they felt he wasnt going to develop so they traded him. With Foligno, he was used in a position to succeds. He was asked to give offense and he got quality linemates. He got to play with Ennis and Roy at different times down the stretch and Ennis was red hot.

And for those writing off Kassian already, a typical power forward doesn't blossom until they are 23 or 24 which is usually 3-4 pro seasons.

Yes, his physical game was non-existent except for like 3 games with us and yea, he scored a goal on the 2nd line but at that time Kassian, in my opinion, did not have the endurance level to keep up with our system and style of play. At the end of shifts he often looked winded and couldnt maintain his intensity for very long on his shifts. It's gonna take some adjustment time for him to bring out his best for us but when he does the team will love him.

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in our scouts for not noticing that his physical play is inconsistent at the moment and thus not what we needed at the time.

What makes this all of this bad, is our scouts.

Didn't the Canucks really want Weise and wasn't he suppose to be the size we where needing?

To me he is no different that Oreskovich.

Our scouts are scaring me a bit with these past few deals. These deals all seem to be gambles.

The first ever draft pick Gillis was a part from,is traded,

The Canucks have not had any young players that MG has drafted, made our team.

For what its worth Corey Pronman, an NHL draft and prospect writer for ESPN and Hockey Prospectus says Kassian > M.Foligno

For those saying Foligno ended the season so well and Kassian had a bad rookie season. You should look into the roles they played. Kassian was recalled after Lucc ran over Miller and was brought in for nothing but a physical presence. They wanted him to hit and fight and when he couldnt do it consistently they felt he wasnt going to develop so they traded him. With Foligno, he was used in a position to succeds. He was asked to give offense and he got quality linemates. He got to play with Ennis and Roy at different times down the stretch and Ennis was red hot.

And for those writing off Kassian already, a typical power forward doesn't blossom until they are 23 or 24 which is usually 3-4 pro seasons.

Yes, his physical game was non-existent except for like 3 games with us and yea, he scored a goal on the 2nd line but at that time Kassian, in my opinion, did not have the endurance level to keep up with our system and style of play. At the end of shifts he often looked winded and couldnt maintain his intensity for very long on his shifts. It's gonna take some adjustment time for him to bring out his best for us but when he does the team will love him.

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in our scouts for not noticing that his physical play is inconsistent at the moment and thus not what we needed at the time.

Archived