The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Or Foligno If You Could Do It Over Again?

Italia2006

So we could of signed him 2 months earlier. Who cares how old he is. He was only for this year. The Canucks where trying to get Madden to play for the Wolves but he didn't want to do it.Come on bud, two fourth round picks for Pahlson is too much. I would of much rather of put Ebbet in the minors and of had Madden who is more of an asset for this year.

you said it yourself - they were trying to get him on the Wolves - ie ready to be called up, and he didn't want to do it... so why are you questioning the fact he was not signed?

two months earlier we already had Hank, Kesler, Hodgson, Lapierre, Malhotra....

the injury to Ballard is what gave the Canucks cap space to use at the deadline.

and with all due respect, Pahlsson is called "the Bull" for a reason - the Canucks are not going to suffer from a lack of 4th round picks... they have plenty of depth and guys that can be moved to replace late round picks if they feel they need them.

you are really getting into hair-splitting here if you think Madden would have made a any difference.

No bud, my point is Pahlson and Madden are a wash. Why not sign Madden to the league minimum and have that depth. We could of afforded him at that time. The cap was a non issue and obviously MG saw value in him but didn't pull the trigger and lost out. So because of his mistake he had to give up two 4th rounders for a rental who in my opinion was ok.

We all have a right to our opinion and i'm glad you're happy with the trade.The Canucks are my team and will always be my team. I don't agree with everything that happens and that is my prerogative. I didn't agree with not signing Torres, I think that was a BIG mistake too.

Uh, you created this thread to dispute the decision to take Kassian over a guy you never even heard of at the time of the trade...questioning the intelligence of the Canucks management is your prerogative, but whether you have qualified yourself to is another question. I disagree with the idea of revisiting the trade and disputing it only months later, when you had no idea who Foligno was at the time, nor has it been determined that he is a better asset than Kassian. I also don't think bad trades like the Richards deal are what Gillis should be making, giving away the farm and future for lousy contracts. You yourself pointed out that the third line is supposed to be a shut down line, essentially undermining your complaints about trading Hodgson, let alone the fact that a power forward is exactly the type of prospect the Canucks did not have in the system, whereas they have another small center in waiting, who has more speed and defensive grit than Hodgson. Pahlsson and Madden are not a wash - there was a reason Madden went to New Years unsigned. If you are complaining about fourth round picks there is not much to complain about is there?

The Canucks are in good hands.

I have a little f*cking newsflash for all the fools who have a hard time udnerstanding one very simple fact: not every player can be Sidney Crosby. Not every player can come straight into the league as a rookie and tear it up right away. In fact, the majority of players take years to develop. So everyone hating on Kassian and unable to let go of Hodgson need to shut the hell up and learn some patience.

And please, spare me the "we need to win now" bullsh*t. What we need is to be a success year in and year out. Unlike some of you, I don't want this team to have one lucky year, then fizzle out and become garbage like teams like the Lames. I want this team to be a consistent contender. No, our window isn't right now. Thanks to Gillis, our window is actually right now and the foreseeable future.

I can't wait to laugh at all the losers when Kassian develops into that stud power forward we've been needing this whole time.

Long Live the instant gratification arm chair quarterback!

Personally, I think Kassian and Gragnani were good returns for Hodgson and Sulzer, but lets allow some passage of time to see how things go.

I still can't figure out the purpose of this thread OP.

You're asking CDC to revisit a trade from 3 months ago for a guy you've provided no proof was even available, then spend the next 4 pages getting into this stupid circular argument with those who decide to provide their opinion. Not surprising mind you given that the other thread you created today was titled "I Wonder If Schneider For Perry Was In The Works and Would You Do It If You Had To"...another imaginary scenario for which you once again provided no support to even remotely suggest it was "in the works".

I have a little f*cking newsflash for all the fools who have a hard time udnerstanding one very simple fact: not every player can be Sidney Crosby. Not every player can come straight into the league as a rookie and tear it up right away. In fact, the majority of players take years to develop. So everyone hating on Kassian and unable to let go of Hodgson need to shut the hell up and learn some patience.

And please, spare me the "we need to win now" bullsh*t. What we need is to be a success year in and year out. Unlike some of you, I don't want this team to have one lucky year, then fizzle out and become garbage like teams like the Lames. I want this team to be a consistent contender. No, our window isn't right now. Thanks to Gillis, our window is actually right now and the foreseeable future.

I can't wait to laugh at all the losers when Kassian develops into that stud power forward we've been needing this whole time.

Kassian belonged and belongs in Chicago til he if he is ever ready...why we waste roster spots on people who can't contribute in a playoff run...boggles the mind...Foligno was red hot going into the playoffs before they were eliminated...scary good...Kass on the other hand not so much..(with no trade Hodgson would have helped on the 2nd unit PP).

I still can't figure out the purpose of this thread OP.

You're asking CDC to revisit a trade from 3 months ago for a guy you've provided no proof was even available, then spend the next 4 pages getting into this stupid circular argument with those who decide to provide their opinion. Not surprising mind you given that the other thread you created today was titled "I Wonder If Schneider For Perry Was In The Works and Would You Do It If You Had To"...another imaginary scenario for which you once again provided no support to even remotely suggest it was "in the works".

The last time I checked a 3rd line player isn't there to score goals but to be a shutdown guy and Madden did just as good if not better of a job for free.Kassian is not difficult to come by because he wasn't even playing for a crappy Sabres team, he was in the minors.Don't fall for the Mike Gillis brain washing.

Take a deep breath...... Calm down, go walk it off or something.

You do know this is a discussion form, right? Not all have the same view as you if they did the boards would be a little dull.

Now kass is not to me looking like he will be a stud power forward, you have to also understand that most players do not live up to their potential, more don't succeed then to ones that do. We traded a contributing player for a forth liner end of story. If he works out in the end to be a great player it's dumb luck as even in the Farm he has shown to be inconsistent. This was a bad trade but I hope we get a little of that dumb luck on this one.

Archived