The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Bieksa Belong On First D-Pairing?

mrsasaki

Bieksa- Edler would make a terrible pairing in fact didn't we see that several times this season and it was a complete disaster...?

Is Bieksa a top pairing d-man... im not so sure about that. I think he's be much better off on a 2nd pairing but on this team with whom we have i guess he is.

Im a firm believer in pairing an offensive type guy with a stay at home player to cover his ass. The problem with this team too many times is guys trying to do more than their capable of doing (Bieksa may be one of the biggest culprates) and part of that is the coaching philosophy imo.

We should keep him with Hamhuis because that's when he's the most effective. Then we find Edler a reliable top 4 partner and we should hopefully be set. I hope AV decides to bring down Bieksa's ice-time this year. 20 minutes a night should be good and not much more.

Yes he is.

Maybe a bit over paid. I would settle for 3.75-4 for him, not 4.6

we need to trade Ballard and free up 4.2 for a right handed, right side d-man to play with Edler

and maybe sign Garrison to 2.75 mil and play him on the 3rd paring

Hamhuis/Bieksa

Edler/______

Garrison/______

Whoa whoa whoa. What's with all the negativity? This isn't 2006. His contract is not that bad. The cap has gone up by A LOT, and do not expect him to be the highest paid D-man on the team when Edler has to re-sign his contract. His contract won't even be close.

He doesn't dive, he fights, and maybe he isn't super reliable defensively but he is one of our proven playoff performers despite being shat on constantly by this city. Him and Hamhuis form a much better pairing then any two defenseman we have can muster. It doesn't matter how good you think he is, he's a top pairing d-man for that reason.

Archived