The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Bieksa Belong On First D-Pairing?

mrsasaki

You actually think we would be a better team with Hedman than Bieksa and Burrows?

Whhooooaa, either your credibility is shrinking, or your building a team to win around Hedman and Kassian in 3 years?

Calgary needs a GM like you???

No. We should trade him and Burrows for Hedman.

Is this 2009?

TOML

We need still to trade for that 1-1a defenceman. No one has stepped up to be worthy. Edler is the only one close enough. I think that hurt us this year, especially when it came down to playoff time. Lu got hung out to dry to many times. I like our D but there is a stepdown from Edler to the rest as far as scoring potential. A healthy Salo was nice to see but he is out of his prime. We go and get that D we are going to the cup again.

Bieksa was tied for fifth place amongst all active NHL d men in payment at $7 million per season.

Hamhuis was rated # 2 in +/- . $5 million per season payment.

Salo made two lousy million dollars and was fourth best in the league,playing in only 69 games.

I could go on but it is wasting my time.

Bieksa was tied for fifth place amongst all active NHL d men in payment at $7 million per season.

Kevin was tied for 28th-33rd place in goals scored amongst all NHL d men.

Hamhuis was rated # 2 in +/- . $5 million per season payment.

Bieksa? 29th -35th spot tie for plus/minus.

Power play goals? Bieksa is in the 41st - 65th tie slot with TWO big ones scored in the entire freaking season.

Salo scored SEVEN -you remember Salo? The heart n soul Canuck without a Gillis contract.Tied for FOURTH in the entire National League.

Salo made two lousy million dollars and was fourth best in the league,playing in only 69 games.

I could go on but it is wasting my time.

Guest Dasein

Look at New Jersey - all you really need is a good system and players who stick to the system.

I think our system is pretty good, but Bieksa tends to stray away from it - or maybe the coaching staff gave him the green light to roam around because Hamhuis is out there with him.

Guest Dasein

This

Phoenix, New York and New Jersey does not have a *star* defencemen, or even Norris calibre, defencemen on their team. That being said, I am still all for the Canucks going after a Norris calibre dman like Suter or WEber.

Phoenix has OEL who is pretty unreal and Keith Yandle who was in the Norris talk last season, and New York has a stud group of Marc Staal, Girardi, McDonaugh and Del Zotto. Jersey is truly the team that has absolutely no name players except Volchenkov who is known just for his hitting and shot-blocking.

I also want the Canucks going after a Norris calibre defenseman like you are though.

Archived