The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sabres G M Regier Looking For The “Right Centerman”

Was that the main complaint? I am curious. What reporting is available on this?

And no surprise, with Gaustad gone, it is a team that should be looking for some size down the middle.

I don't get it, did Regier say something surprising? If Roy is traded, would anybody really expect them to go with Ennis and Hodgson as their top two centres? Everyone has known that they have been trying to upgrade a center for a long time and nobody thought Hodgson was ready to be that guy right now.

Hodgson's issue wasn't being on the third line. It was not being used in a bigger role on the third line, and specifically, not being dressed for a single game of the SCF.

Guest Dasein

Was that the main complaint? I am curious. What reporting is available on this?

And no surprise, with Gaustad gone, it is a team that should be looking for some size down the middle.

Burned by what?

This was a post about Buffalo wanting a ready to play center. Hodgson was, and is, a center of the future.

Here there is an embarrassment of people piling on.

Hopefully Kassian is a PF of the future.

But nobody has proven, or won anything yet!

After Cody played that game against Vancouver, he may have gone on to score some points, but he was a mess defensively. In the 17 games that followed, he was a -10. This wasn't due to the team playing poorly either. During that time, the team as a whole was a +9 for ES goal differential.

It is crystal clear that Hodgson is nowhere near able to perform a 2-way game up to the standard of a #1 center, and it seems like even as a #2, his deficiencies need to be sheltered. Actually, the perfect spot for his current abilities seems to be 3rd-line center, with regular PP time... ...Hmmmm, that sounds familiar...

I would love to see that selfish kid Hodgson stuck on a non-playoff team getting 15 minutes on the 3rd line, without powerplay time as well.

Serves him right, he would have become a real superstar in Vancouver because he would have peaked around the same time the Sedins and Kesler started to get older and their play deteriorate which would have been perfect to keep our window of opportunity open much longer.

Instead the little rat wants fame and fortune NOW.

Archived